Subject: PaceDateUpdated moved to "accepted for incorporation"

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 09:31:52 -0700

OK, we have our first date proposal accepted. It has a reasonable 
number of supporters, and the call for detractors only yielded one 
(who liked the idea but not all the wording). We'll put this one in 
the next version of the draft, and keep discussing any others.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium

---

From: Sam Ruby <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 12:46:03 -0400

Paul Hoffman / IMC wrote:

> > OK, we have our first date proposal accepted. It has a reasonable number 
> of supporters, and the call for detractors only yielded one (who liked 
> the idea but not all the wording). We'll put this one in the next 
> version of the draft, and keep discussing any others.

With the acceptance of PaceDateUpdated, PaceDateElement is no longer 
needed.  In the next round, I plan to put it on the Recommended for 
Closure list.

- Sam Ruby

---

From: Asbjørn Ulsberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 16:59:44 +0200

> version of the draft, and keep discussing any others.

I think the pace should just mention Dublin Core core swiftly to let  
implementors know there are other date elements available if «updated»  
doesn't fit their semantics.

I'd also like to note that this pace does absolutely nothing to improve  
the practice we have today, where no one shares date semantics and no one  
seems to move in any direction to do so either.

-- 
Asbjørn Ulsberg         -=|=-        [email-masked]
«He's a loathsome offensive brute, yet I can't look away»

---

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 11:09:37 -0700

At 4:59 PM +0200 9/4/04, Asbjørn Ulsberg wrote:
>On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 09:31:52 -0700, Paul Hoffman / IMC 
><[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>implementors know there are other date elements available if 
>«updated» doesn't fit their semantics.

Fully disagree. The spec doesn't need to point people off to 
different places; that's what the implementer's guide should do.

--Paul Hoffman, Director