Subject: Atompub progress

From: Tim Bray <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:31:21 -0800

Had a talk with Sam (back from vacation) & Paul this morning and here's 
where we got to:

1. We need to get format-07 in Scott Hollenbeck's hands ASAP for review 
so we can put it out for IETF review.  Based on offline conversation 
with the editors, we think we can do that this week with no problem.

2. We have two obstacles in the way of moving the protocol work 
forward. First, the current protocol-03 draft is a little too ragged to 
be a productive basis for proposing changes against.  Second, our 
selection of existing protocol-related Paces is really dusty and 
disordered, and Sam will be within his rights if he decides to just 
close some.  We need to solve the draft problem first.  We have Rob's 
private draft that addresses some of the problems, and I've seen a 
bunch of editorial-changes correspondence go to the editors.  So, the 
next step is to get a protocol-04 done; sooner is better.  The ball is 
in our editors' court on that.  Then we'll do a last (hopefully) call 
for changes/enhancements and see if we can finish this part of the job.

  -Tim