Subject: Atom format progress

From: Tim Bray <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:46:59 -0700

<co-chair-mode>
The Atom Format draft was considered by the IESG today, and there  
remain some outstanding DISCUSS issues, see:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi? 
command=print_ballot&ballot_id=1681&filename=draft-ietf-atompub-format
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi? 
command=view_id&dTag=11964&rfc_flag=0

We need a format-10 draft to incorporate solutions to these; Rob and  
Mark are on it.  The WG has seen all the currently-planned changes,  
so -10 should have no surprises.  Paul is working (a huge amount,  
you'd be astounded) on interfacing to the IESG.

Stand by. -Tim
</co-chair-mode>

---

From: Sam Ruby <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 21:14:50 -0400

I truly believe that this request is completely editorial.

I would like to request that an attempt be made to ensure that the 
second "more extensive" example in section 1.1 comply with all SHOULDs. 
  In particular, the feed SHOULD contain a link with a rel='self'.

If I find other deviations from the recommended practices, I'll note 
them here.

- Sam Ruby

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 21:33:18 -0700

+1

It may be a good idea to change the descriptive text about the  
examples; e.g.,

"A brief, single-entry Atom Feed Document" -> "A single-entry Atom  
Feed Document that conforms to all MUST-level requirements"

"A more extensive, single-entry Atom Feed Document" -> "A single- 
entry Atom Feed Document that conforms to all MUST- and SHOULD-level  
requirements"

On 08/07/2005, at 6:14 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:

> second "more extensive" example in section 1.1 comply with all  
> SHOULDs.  In particular, the feed SHOULD contain a link with a  
> rel='self'.
>
> If I find other deviations from the recommended practices, I'll  
> note them here.
>
> - Sam Ruby
>
>
>
>
>

--
Mark Nottingham   Principal Technologist
Office of the CTO   BEA Systems

--
Mark Nottingham     http://www.mnot.net/