Subject: atom:rights inheritance?

From: David Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 00:40:09 +0100

Sorry for the pedantry, but I'm trying to update my Atom/RDF thing, so
pedantry is required...

The inheritance rules for atom:rights, are different to the ones for
atom:author.  Is this intentional?  Are they supposed to be treated
differently?

See:

> If an atom:entry element does not contain an atom:rights element, then
> the atom:rights element of the containing atom:feed element, if
> present, is considered to apply to the entry.

vs:

> If an atom:entry element does not contain atom:author elements, then
> the atom:author elements of the contained atom:source element are
> considered to apply. In an Atom Feed Document, the atom:author
> elements of the containing atom:feed element are considered to apply
> to the entry if there are no atom:author elements in the locations
> described above.

-- 
Dave