Subject: info: newsml-2 ready for test

From: "Laurent Le Meur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:16:37 +0100

FYI, copied from the NSS-discuss list. 

Note: as we won’t spam the Atom list with more information on NewsML2, if you
are interested in this work, please join http://groups.yahoo.com/group/newsml-2/
. 

llm

  _____  

De : Laurent Le Meur [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Envoyé : lundi 19 décembre 2005 18:12
À : [email-masked]'
Objet : newsml-2 ready for test

The IPTC NewsML2 Architecture WP is very happy to announce that the
<http://www.iptc.org/dev> www.iptc.org/dev site has been updated.

Here you will find:

-          a document introducing the current experimental phase (new!). The
first part target IT management, and the second part targets implementers.

-          an updated NAR Model draft document (v12)

-          an updated Technical Specification draft document (v18)

-          a Glossary document (new!, v1)

-          a set of W3C XML schemas (new!, XSD format, v0.6)

-          a NewsML2 -> RDF N-triples XSLT transform (new!, v1)

All these resources are provided in order to help users test NewsML2 in its
draft form.

It is now time for experimentation. Tests and feed-back on the current
documentation and schemata would be highly appreciated from the news community.

Note: in order to access the XSD schema and contributions, you need to
<http://iptc.org/pdl.php?fn=IPTC-NAR-EP1Packg_1.zip> download this package. 

After download, please drop the file in a “root” directory and unzip it: this
will create a directory tree, with “IPTC” at the top. 

The “IPTC/NAR/1.0” subfolder contains itself 4 folders:

-          “specification” contains the Model, the TechSpec, the set of XML
schemas and test samples (used to check the schema; better samples will come
soon).

-          “documentation” contains the Glossary plus the introduction to the
current experimental phase. 

-          “contribution” contains the NewsML2 -> RDF N-triples XSLT transform.

-          “examples”: we will provide samples asap.

We hope that you will find it useful.

Laurent Le Meur

IPTC NewsML Architecture WP chair

AFP Medialab, manager

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

This e-mail, and any file transmitted with it, is confidential and  intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error, please  contact the sender and delete the email from your system. If you are  not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy  this email.

For more information on Agence France-Presse, please visit our web site at http://www.afp.com

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-