Subject: Re: AtomPubIssuesList for 2005/11/30

From: Sam Ruby <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 07:44:06 -0500

Robert Sayre wrote:
> On 11/30/05, Sam Ruby <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>>Robert Sayre wrote:
>>
>>>I noticed you moved PaceFeedsNotCollections and PaceSimpleIntroduction
>>>into the Closed section.
>>
>>http://www.imc.org/atom-protocol/mail-archive/msg03545.html
>>
>>And, unless I misinterpreted, both Paul and Tim confirmed via email
>>and/or IM that this was their intent;
> 
> 
> That message concerned PaceServiceDescription, which has been moved to
> Recommended For Closure.  No argument there. PaceFeedsNotCollections
> and PaceSimpleIntroduction were moved directly to Closed. Once again,
> I'm not arguing, just asking that the WG's decision be documented
> explicitly.

Both were moved from the 'not yet taken up' to the 'currently under 
discussion' section the last cycle:

http://www.imc.org/atom-syntax/mail-archive/msg17547.html

Re-reading Tim's "Search for Introspection Consensus" and Paul's 
"Tallying the survey", I now have serious doubts that they this covers 
PaceSimpleIntroduction, so I'm moving that back to "revisit".  If it 
turns out that that PaceFeedsNotCollections was not included in what Tim 
was referring to by "introspection via feeds/links", then I'll move this 
one back too.

- Sam Ruby

---

From: Robert Sayre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 07:47:39 -0500

On 12/1/05, Sam Ruby <[email-masked]> wrote:
> If it

PaceFeedsNotCollections has nothing to do with introspection.

--

Robert Sayre

"I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time."

---

From: Robert Sayre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:26:39 -0500

> PaceFeedsNotCollections has nothing to do with introspection.

Actually, neither does PaceSimpleIntroduction. It has a section on
introspection/outliines, but says the editors might have to change the
nouns so it makes sense with whatever format is there. I thought I
would write the whole introduction if I seek to replace it.
Camera-ready copy and all that.

--

Robert Sayre

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 09:34:52 -0800

There has been a surprisingly small number of posts about these 
Paces. Or milestone is drifting into the barely-seeable past. More 
comments on the Paces, sooner rather than later, would be appreciated.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium