Subject: Open Source Client Implementations?

From: "Lloyd Budd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 15:34:22 -0700

Hello Wizards and Witches,

I really appreciate the work you have done. It is very impressive that
all you amazing people have come together for this important project.

I'm over my head here and I don't swim well, but I'm looking for an
open source Atompub client library/implementation to backup/export a
blog preferably

http://www.intertwingly.net/wiki/pie/FrontPage is very inviting, and I
appreciate on HowToGetInvolved the section on implementations --
that's why I'm here.

Any client implementations in PHP or Perl? Failing that for Python?
I did find for Ruby http://code.necronomicorp.com/atom-tools

http://www.atomenabled.org/ looks like it needs some
gardening/refreshing. "Enabling Atom 1.0 on Wordpress" is very old
news, and no longer necessary.

http://www.atomenabled.org/everyone/atomenabled/index.php?c=9 both the
links to 'Atom API Examples written in PHP, Python, Bash and others'
and 'Atom Post Example / Code snippet in PHP'

Thank you,
-- 
I can't grow without light,
Lloyd
http://foolswisdom.com/

---

From: Brendan Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 18:37:28 -0600

> news, and no longer necessary.

Speaking of which, who is responsible for atomenabled.org? Parts of it
are very outdated, in particular the developers page which still points
to the Atom API.

---

From: Karl Dubost <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 10:15:21 +0900

> are very outdated, in particular the developers page which still  

% whois atomenabled.org
Registrant Name:Sam ruby
Registrant Organization:ibm

-- 
Karl Dubost - http://www.w3.org/People/karl/
W3C Conformance Manager, QA Activity Lead
   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***

---

From: Sam Ruby <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 12:43:57 -0400

> Registrant Organization:ibm

Yep, it was transferred to me a while back.

Patches accepted.  :-)

- Sam Ruby

---

From: "A. Pagaltzis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 00:22:53 +0200

* Lloyd Budd <[email-masked]> [2007-10-04 00:50]:
> Any client implementations in PHP or Perl?

For Perl, there’s Takeru Inoue’s Atompub module:
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Atompub/

If you’re using Catalyst, you can use his adapter for a drop-in
addition to your app:
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Catalyst-Controller-Atompub/

Regards,
-- 
Aristotle Pagaltzis // <http://plasmasturm.org/>

---

From: "Takeru INOUE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 10:27:16 +0900

Hi,

I'm a maintainer of Perl Atompub modules.
Please let me know if there are any problems with them.

Regards,

On 10/5/07, A. Pagaltzis <[email-masked]> wrote:
> For Perl, there's Takeru Inoue's Atompub module:
> If you're using Catalyst, you can use his adapter for a drop-in
> addition to your app:

-- 
  Takeru INOUE <[email-masked]>

---

From: Asbjørn Ulsberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 03:49:26 +0200

> Patches accepted.  :-)

What kind of patches, exactly? How is AtomEnabled.org constructed,  
server-side? What publishing system does it use? Could the code perhaps be  
exposed in a publicly available SVN repository? Would it be an idea to  
actually use the RFC's the site is advocating to update and edit the site?  
Could this be done by just switching the whole thing over to WordPress  
2.3? Why doesn't http://atomenabled.org/ redirect to  
http://www.atomenabled.org/ or the other way around? Would a Wiki-like  
editing mechanism be a good idea -- for some of the pages, perhaps? Should  
the site have more than one publisher/editor?

-- 
Asbjørn Ulsberg          -=|=-         [email-masked]
«He's a loathsome offensive brute, yet I can't look away»

---

From: Sam Ruby <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 22:03:39 -0400

Asbjørn Ulsberg wrote:
> server-side? What publishing system does it use? Could the code perhaps 
> be exposed in a publicly available SVN repository? Would it be an idea 
> to actually use the RFC's the site is advocating to update and edit the 
> site? Could this be done by just switching the whole thing over to 
> WordPress 2.3? Why doesn't http://atomenabled.org/ redirect to 
> editing mechanism be a good idea -- for some of the pages, perhaps? 
> Should the site have more than one publisher/editor?

It presently is using blogger+php.  I own the DNS, so I could redirect it.

- Sam Ruby