Subject: New I-D on " Advanced Security Processing for Atom and APP Documents"

From: Richard Salz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 12:12:05 -0400

We just submitted an I-D on advanced security processing for atom and app. 
 The abstract:
         The Atom and APP specifications specify simple uses of 
cryptography 
         to sign and encrypt their documents.  Each document is processed
         completely, and in isolation.  This document specifies additional 

         uses that enable selective protection or encryption of content, 
and 
         allow a "trust path" to be created across "atom:link" elements.

The draft is named draft-rsalz-atom-adv-sec-00; details here here: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/idst/status.cgi?submission_id=17333

Our intent and goal is to put this under a WG as soon as the "atom 
futures" WG, or whatever it is, gets created.

Look forward to discussion.

        /r$

--
STSM, DataPower CTO
WebSphere Appliance Architect
http://www.ibm.com/software/integration/datapower/