Subject: Extensions for link (slug)

From: Niklas Lindström <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 09:43:02 +0200

Hi!

I wonder if anyone knows of an extension for link elements to provide
a slug value? Preferably something as simple as:

    <link rel="enclosure"
href="http://example.org/cgi-bin/download.pl?id=1234"
type="application/pdf"
             title="Summary" ex:slug="summary.pdf" />

And while I'm at it, again, has anyone an equally simple attribute to
provive a checksum for linked docs via content/@src and link/@href?
Similar to @le:md5
(<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-snell-atompub-link-extensions-02>,
which I fear won't move forward?)..

The scenario in which this is to be used is one where we *cannot*
expect feed providers to send these things in HTTP headers.. If no
such extensions exist today, is anyone interested in having these
things? If so, what would be the favourable way for me to define these
and have them published for common reuse? (I know next to nothing
about publishing I-D:s and the IETF process in general. But I can at
least provide a persistent url for an extension namespace pointing to
documented use.)

Best regards,
Niklas Lindström