Subject: FYI Salmon protocol built on top of Atom + extensions

From: John Panzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 15:10:36 -0700

All,

Salmon, a proposed open protocol for pushing commentary upstream, is using
Atom as its default payload format.  It's most likely going to use the
following extensions:

1. Threading (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4685.txt)
2. Crossposting (draft at http://martin.atkins.me.uk/specs/atomcrosspost)
3. Tombstones (
http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-snell-atompub-tombstones/)
4. PubSubHubbub (draft at
http://pubsubhubbub.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/pubsubhubbub-core-0.2.html)

as well as being compatible with/capable of being a transport for Activity
Streams (draft at
http://martin.atkins.me.uk/specs/activitystreams/atomactivity)

See http://salmon-protocol.org/ for more details; there's a blog post with
more context at
http://www.abstractioneer.org/2009/10/salmon-protocol-introducing-salmon.html
.

Regards,
John