Subject: ICCCN2000

From: Eun Kyo Park <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 17:54:30 -0600 (CST)

(Our apologies if you receive this multiple times!!)

                  IEEE IC3N'2000  CALL FOR PAPERS
                 NINTH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON
               COMPUTER COMMUNICATIONS AND NETWORKS
                      October 16 - 18, 2000 
           Imperial Palace Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada USA

                  (Website: icccn.cstp.umkc.edu)

    Sponsored by IEEE Communications Society (tech. co-sponsor),
             Army Research Lab/Office, IBM, NOKIA, Siemens
                (pending approval of sponsorships)

ICCCN is a major international forum to present original and fundamental 
advances in the field of Computer Communications and Networks. It also 
serves to foster communication among researchers and practitioners working 
in a wide variety of scientific areas with a common interest in improving 
Computer Communications and Networks.

SCOPE:
The primary focus of the conference is on new and original research results
in the areas of design, implementation and applications of Computer 
Communications and Networks. We invite you to submit papers that address 
novel, challenging, and innovative results. The topics include, but are not 
limited to:

Optical Communication Networks        Wireless/Mobile/Satellite Comm Networks
ATM Networking                        Internet Services/Applications 
Wireless Multimedia Applications      Real-time Communications 
Quality of Services (QoS) Issues      LAN/WAN Internetworking 
Network Interoperability              Personal Communication Services
Network Control Management            Broadband Networks
Intelligent Networks                  Multicast and Routing Protocols 
Network Security                      Media Access Control/Mobility Algorithms
Network Reliability                   High Speed Network OAM/Protocols
Video-on-Demand                       Data Traffic Engineering
Network Management/Billing            Global Infrastructure Network Evolution
Network Processor Technology          Performance Modeling/Analysis 
Communication Software                Protocol Design/Validation/Testing
Networked Databases                   Network Architectures
Terabit optical switching/
routing architectures and signaling

SUBMISSION:
Authors are invited to submit complete and original papers. Papers that may
be submitted should not have been previously published in another forum, or
are not currently under review by another journal or conference. All submitted
papers will be refereed for quality, correctness, originality and relevance.
The program committee reserves the right to accept a submission as long,
short, or poster presentation. Of particular interest are papers which address
experiences with concrete Computer Communications and applications. All
accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings. Special
issues of journals containing outstanding papers from the conference are being
planned. Manuscripts should include an abstract and be limited to 5000 words.
Submissions should include the title, author(s), author's affiliation, e-mail
address, fax number and postal address. In case of multiple authors, an
indication of which author is responsible for correspondence and preparing
the camera ready paper for the proceedings should also be included. Electronic
submission is strongly encouraged (go to the end of this CFP for more information; 
ps or pdf format is preferred. Please contact Dr. Park if you have to submit
with hard copies). Manuscripts should be submitted by Friday, April 24, 2000 to 
ICCCN2000 website or contact program co-chairs with any questions:

  Dr. Ton Engbersen                 Professor E.K. Park
  IBM Research Laboratory           Computer Science Telecommunications 
  Saumerstrasse 4                   University of Missouri
  8803 Rueschlikon                  Robert Flarsheim Hall, Room 534
  Switzerland                       5100 Rockhill Road
  [email-masked]                Kansas City, Missouri 64110 USA
  +41-1-7248302                     (816)235-1497; (816)235-5159(fax)
  +41-1-7248599 (fax)               [email-masked]

IMPORTANT DATES:  Paper submission deadline : April 24, 2000
                  Notification of acceptance: June 26, 2000 
                  Camera ready papers due   : July 31, 2000

TUTORIALS:
Proposals are solicited for tutorials. Please email your proposals 
in ASCII format by April 24, 1999 to one of the Program Chairs above.

WEBSITE:
We are currently setting up electronic paper submission procedures for the 
IEEE ICCCN2000 (will be ready by March), so please visit ICCCN2000 web 
site icccn.cstp.umkc.edu for more up-to-date information.