Subject: CFP: Asian International Mobile Computing Conference, Malaysia (AMOC 2000)

From: Farez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 16:34:30 -0000

My apologies if you have received this before.

Farez
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Call for Papers

         FIRST ASIAN INTERNATIONAL MOBILE COMPUTING CONFERENCE
                            (AMOC 2000)
                1-3 November, 2000. Penang, Malaysia
                   http://www.fsktm.um.edu.my/amoc
           http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/F.AbdulRahman/amoc

             *** Submission deadline: 30 May, 2000 ***

Mobile computing is a new and highly dynamic field which combines
modern computer science, networking and wireless communication
technologies. This conference will provide a platform for researchers
and practitioners to meet and discuss current issues in this field.
The conference is also unique as it highly encourages contributions
from the Asian region alongside those from other parts of the globe.
The focus on Asia is important because there are unique regional
issues not given attention in typical international conferences, where
technological issues in developed nations receive centre stage. These
issues include different infrastructural and economic requirements;
the effect of a more diverse socio-economic environment on
technical specifications; the far-reaching impact of wireless
communication in rural areas and the great interest in the rapid
deployment of cutting edge technology due to the high progress rate of
technological implementation in many Asian countries.

The main objectives of this conference are:

1. To provide a platform for international and Asian researchers and
professionals to meet and
discuss issues pertinent to both universal and Asia-centric mobile computing
issues.
2. To provide participants with up-to-date information regarding the
development in this field.
3. To provide a yardstick by which researchers may compare the quality
of their work to that of their peers in order to maintain a high
standard of research.

The topics of interest include, but are not limited to, those listed
below:

o Quality of Service(QoS)           o handover & location management
o systems infrastructure            o satellite technology
o internet access                   o power management
o data services                     o lower layer protocols
o rural wireless communications     o data management
o billing                           o security
o e-commerce                        o agent technology
o multimedia                        o hardware
o Personal Communication Systems    o terminal design & ergonomics
o wireless LANs / WANs              o nomadic systems

Important Dates
-------------------
Submission deadline: 30 May, 2000
Notification of acceptance: 30 August, 2000
Camera ready copy: 15 September, 2000

Submission Guidelines
----------------------------
Papers should be original, unpublished and not more than ten
single-spaced pages with a minimum font size of 10 pt. Papers should
be submitted in postscript format, and should only contain the paper
title and the body of the paper, WITHOUT author names and
affiliations. A separate document containing only the title, author
names their respective affiliations, in plain text format, is
required. Please send your paper (in postscript format) and your
separate author page (in plain text format) in separate emails to
[email-masked] by the 30th of May, 2000.

For more information, please visit http://www.fsktm.um.edu.my/amoc/ or
email [email-masked]

Best Student Paper Award
------------------------
The best paper with a student as primary author will be awarded a
really cool prize of US$500 during the conference. Student authors who
would like to be considered for this award should write 'Student Paper'
in the plain text document containing the paper title and author
name(s) and affiliation(s).

Organising Committee
--------------------
Prof. Ir. Dr. Mashkuri Hj. Yaacob (Universiti Malaya)
Dr Mazliza Othman (Universiti Malaya)
Alfarez Abdul Rahman (University College London)
Dr Roziati Zainuddin (Universiti Malaya)
Dr. Zaitun Abu Bakar (Universiti Malaya)
Rodziah Latih (Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia)
Norizan Mohd Yasin (Universiti Malaya)
Omar Zakaria (Universiti Malaya)
Mustaffa Kamal (Universiti Malaya)

Technical Program Committee
---------------------------
Assoc. Prof. David K. Asano, Shinshu University, Japan
Prof. Boualem Boashash, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
Dr. Che Nyan Husain, Telekom Malaysia
Prof. Chuah Hean Teik, Universiti Multimedia Telekom, Malaysia
Prof. Jon Crowcroft, University College London, UK
Assoc. Prof. Dr Norsheila Faisal, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
Dr. Stephen Hailes, University College London, UK
Ravi Jain, Telcordia, USA
Dr. Minseok Kang, LG Corporate Institute of Technology, Korea
Prof. Ryuji Kohno, Yokohama University, Japan
Prof. Sung-Kwon Chung, Seoul National University, Korea
Jong-Hyeon Lee, Cambridge University, UK
Bo Li, University of Science & Technology, Hong Kong
Prof. Jason Yi-Bing Lin, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
Dr. Seng-Wai Loke, Monash University, Australia
Dr. Jelena Misic, Hong Kong University of Science & Tech, Hong Kong
Assoc. Prof. George Mohay, Queensland University of Tech, Australia
Susan Pancho, Cambridge University, UK
Prof. Yu-Chee Tseng, National Central University, Taiwan
Dr. Arkady Zaslavsky, Monash University, Australia
Dr. Jianying Zhou, Kent Ridge Digital Lab, Singapore