Subject: Planning for 1st OpenMash Workshop

From: "Lawrence A. Rowe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 16:32:35 -0700

Hi -

Well, after a long period of silence, we are slowly getting the OpenMash
project off the ground.  We want to hold a 1-2 day workshop at Berkeley
this summer. The goal is to do some community building,
introductory/advanced training on using and extending mash, and lastly
provide a forum for discussion of what is being done and what needs to
be done to enable high bandwidth interactive streaming media
applications.

Given other constraints, our thought was to hold the meeting thursday
July 20 and if there is enough interest continue on friday July 21.  At
this point we need some indication of who wants to attend, what topics
they would be most interested in, and whether you'd be willing to give a
short presentation on your application and use of Mash.

Here are some possible presentation/session topics.  Let me know which,
if any, you would be most interested in attending.

"Adding a New Device/Media Type to Mash"
"TclCl - The Magic between C++ and Otcl"
"Interfacing to Commercial Streaming Media Systems"
"Distributed Client/Server Programming in Mash"
"Finding Your Way Around the Mash Source Code"
<put your good idea here>

Any other comments and feedback appreciated.
	Larry Rowe
-- 
Professor Lawrence A. Rowe          Internet:  [email-masked]
Computer Science Division - EECS       Phone: 510-642-5117
University of California, Berkeley       Fax: 510-642-5615
Berkeley, CA 94720-1776            URL: http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/~larry