Subject: RFC 2793 on RTP Payload for Text Conversation

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 16:16:59 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2793

        Title:	    RTP Payload for Text Conversation
        Author(s):  G. Hellstrom
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       May 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 20674
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None   

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2793.txt

This memo describes how to carry text conversation session contents
in RTP packets. Text conversation session contents are specified in
ITU-T Recommendation T.140 [1].
 
Text conversation is used alone or in connection to other
conversational facilities such as video and voice, to form multimedia
conversation services.
 
This RTP payload description contains an optional possibility to
include redundant text from already transmitted packets in order to
reduce the risk of text loss caused by packet loss. The redundancy
coding follows RFC 2198.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group
of the IETF.  

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited. 

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.