Subject: Draft revised I/D of MPEG-4 A/V RTP

From: "Yoshihiro Kikuchi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 10:33:26 +0900

Dear Stephan, Injong, John, and all MPEG-4 on RTP experts,

Please find attached a revised text of the MPEG-4 Audio/Visual RTP
Internet-Draft. Change from the previous version is the upgrade of the
English quality. I hope that the English quality is now an acceptable level.
There is no technical change from the previous version.

Please note that this is NOT a final version. I recognize that we need a
conclusion on the following matters to finalize the I/D:

(1) How to proceed NEWPRED RTCP.
(2) Minor revision on the Audio RTP and its MIME type.

Regarding (2), I saw a message from John for the agreement on the revision
proposed by Nomura-san. A text for the revision will be sent soon to the
reflector by Nomura-san for the final approval.

Regarding (1)... It was proposed by Fukunaga-san to keep and revise the
NEWPRED RTCP description. I must admit that I hesitated to reflect the
proposed text to the I/D. I'm not sure whether we have get an agreement to
go such way, or some another.  I will reflect the proposed change if we get
an agreement.

Again,

The final I/D will contain ONLY items that can reach to a consensus among
the whole group. In other words, a part of the I/D which cannot reach to a
consensus may be removed. The decision will be made depend on the comments
through the reflector, but not only the opinion of the proponent.

We are keen to have discussions to get a consensus. However, we do not want
have round discussions again and again. It will defer the process of the
agreement of the whole document, including RTP part, that we must avoid. We
would like to define a deadline at middle of this week.(except for editorial
changes and very minor revisions) An item that cannot get agreement by then
may be removed.

Best regards,
Yoshihiro

----
        Yoshihiro Kikuchi

E-mail: [email-masked]
Corporate Research and Development Center
TOSHIBA Corporation
TEL: +81 +44 549 2288    FAX: +81 +44 520 1267

---

From: "Toshiyuki Nomura" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 17:42:52 +0900

Dear Kikuchi-san and all,

I have revised the I/D as follows and attached it with this mail.

> reflector by Nomura-san for the final approval.

Best Regards,

Toshiyuki Nomura, NEC

----- Original Message -----
From: Yoshihiro Kikuchi <[email-masked]>
To: 4on2andIP-sys <[email-masked]>; IETF AVT
<[email-masked]>
Cc: Yoshihiro Kikuchi <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2000 10:33 AM
Subject: Draft revised I/D of MPEG-4 A/V RTP