Subject: DTMF

From: "Hari Krishna Vuppaladhadiam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 16:07:20 -0700

Hi everyone,

I would like to know the need for DTMF generator and Detector?
Where is it positioned?
And also how is it sent ?
Normally speech data is sent as payload in RTP. Do we need to send both
Speech as well as DTMF in RTP? If so how?

Can anyone clarify DTMF related issues for typical VoN applications?

Regards
Hari

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 15:55:14 -0400

RFC2833 describes transport of DTMF in RTP.
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2833.txt

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com