Subject: Liaison Statement (LS) from ETSI SMG2 to IETF AVT Working Group

From: "Peter Barany" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 13:22:27 -0500

Hello,

My name is Peter Barany and I work for Nortel Networks. I regularly attend
ETSI SMG2 meetings and our current Work Plan includes the standardization of
wireless Internet telephony for EDGE Phase 2 (what we commonly now call
GSM/EDGE Radio Access Network or GERAN, for short). We are planning on using
the GSM AMR speech codec along with the GSM FR, HR, and EFR speech codecs
for this.

On behalf of ETSI SMG2, I am forwarding the attached Liaison Statement to be
presented/discussed at the upcoming IETF AVT Working Group meeting in
Pittsburgh, PA (July 30 - August 4, 2000). The Liaison Statement discusses
issues associated with the RTP payload format for the aforementioned speech
codecs.

I plan to attend the next IETF AVT Working Group and hope to discuss this
issue with you. Thanks.

Regards,

Peter Barany
TDMA-EDGE Standards Prime
Nortel Networks
+1 972 685-2471
+1 972 467-8346 (Mobile)
+1 972 684 3775 (Fax)
e-mail: [email-masked]
 <<2-001137.zip>>