Subject: [AVT] Re: IMPORTANT: AVT mailing list moved to [email-masked]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 10:16:14 +0200

Great !

Surely it is also useful to change the "comments are solicited ..."
sentence in "Status of this Memo" section of future IDs ?

Regards,

Philippe Gentric
Software architect
Philips Digital Networks - MP4Net
51 rue Carnot B.P. 301
92156 Suresnes FRANCE
tel: +33(0)147283740
fax: +33(0)147283725
[email-masked]
http://www.mpeg-4player.com

Stephen Casner <[email-masked]>@packetdesign.com> on 25/06/2001 09:17:31
Sent by:	<[email-masked]>
To:	<[email-masked]>
cc:	 (bcc: Philippe Gentric/LIM/CE/PHILIPS)
Subject:	IMPORTANT: AVT mailing list moved to [email-masked]
Classification:	

The Audio/Video Transport Working group has used the [email-masked]
mailing list since its inception nearly 10 year ago.  We appreciate
the support the ESnet folks have provided.  However, more recently
there have been several instances in which people (including an Area
Director) were unable to post messages to the list, and our attempts
to get the IETF archiver added as a list member have been
unsuccessful.  There have also been complaints about the inability to
control spam and difficulties with getting unsubscribed.

Therefore, as was announced in the minutes of the last AVT meeting, a
new mailing list has been created exclusively for the business of the
AVT working group.  (Other roles of the rem-conf mailing list, such as
general discussion of remote conferencing issues, will remain on the
rem-conf list.)

The new list is:   [email-masked]

This new mailing list is controlled by the "mailman" program, which
means who want to subscribe or unsubscribe may do so via the web:

http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

PLEASE NOTE that rem-conf subscribers will not be subscribed to the
new avt mailing list automatically.  In order to jump-start the new
list, I have extracted the names of those who have sent email to the
rem-conf list in 2000 and 2001 and mass-subscribed those names to the
list.  I attempted to remove bogus addresses and addresses of people
who were trying to get unsubscribed.  If you did not already receive a
message welcoming you to the list, then YOU ARE NOT SUBSCRIBED and
should go to the URL listed above.

All discussion of AVT topics should move to the new [email-masked]
mailing list immediately.  Official working group announcements will
be sent there and will also be copied to the rem-conf list for a while
as a reminder that the list has moved.

Your AVT co-chairs,
Steve Casner
Colin Perkins

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt