Subject: [AVT] Implementations of MPEG Video/RTP (RFC 2250)

From: Ross Finlayson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 16:16:46 -0700

FYI, the Open Source "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" libraries 
<http://live.sourceforge.net/> now includes support for MPEG (1 or 2) video 
streaming, in addition to MPEG audio (e.g., MP3) streaming.  The MPEG 
streaming implementation conforms to the RTP payload format described in 
RFC 2250.

This code can be used to build a MPEG/RTP streaming server, and/or to build 
a MPEG/RTP receiver.

While it is possible to build a MPEG/RTP video player by hooking the 
libraries' receiving code into an existing MPEG video player (e.g., using a 
pipe), I'd also like to learn of integrated MPEG/RTP video player 
tools.  The only such tool that I currently know about is Cisco's "IP/TV" 
Viewer.  Does anyone know of any others?

	Ross.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Kevin Marks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 16:47:21 -0700

At 4:16 pm -0700 26/6/01, Ross Finlayson wrote:
><http://live.sourceforge.net/> now includes support for MPEG (1 or 
>2) video streaming, in addition to MPEG audio (e.g., MP3) streaming. 
>The MPEG streaming implementation conforms to the RTP payload format 
>described in RFC 2250.
>
>This code can be used to build a MPEG/RTP streaming server, and/or 
>to build a MPEG/RTP receiver.
>
>libraries' receiving code into an existing MPEG video player (e.g., 
>using a pipe), I'd also like to learn of integrated MPEG/RTP video 
>player tools.  The only such tool that I currently know about is 
>Cisco's "IP/TV" Viewer.  Does anyone know of any others?

QuickTime Player 5.0 supports RTP MPEG, though MPEG1, not MPEG2