Subject: [AVT] Re: IMPORTANT: AVT mailing list moved to [email-masked]

From: Ross Finlayson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 02:10:08 -0700

At 12:17 AM 6/25/01, Stephen Casner wrote:
>Therefore, as was announced in the minutes of the last AVT meeting, a
>new mailing list has been created exclusively for the business of the
>AVT working group.  (Other roles of the rem-conf mailing list, such as
>general discussion of remote conferencing issues, will remain on the
>rem-conf list.)

I suggest that - after a suitable transition period - the old 
"[email-masked]" mailing list be shut down completely.  Once AVT-related 
traffic is gone, that mailing list will probably receive almost nothing but 
spam.  Also, several people seem to have been having trouble getting off 
that list, so it's probably best to relieve them of their misery.

         Ross.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Marty Borden <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 09:12:46 -0400

The old avt list (rem-conf) seemed to be subscribed to a number of
related lists.  I prefer that this additional traffic remain separate and
that the new avt list deal with protocol advancement in the ietf.
marty

At 05:10 AM 06/25/01, Ross Finlayson wrote:
>I suggest that - after a suitable transition period - the old "[email-masked]" mailing list be shut down completely.  Once AVT-related traffic is gone, that mailing list will probably receive almost nothing but spam.  Also, several people seem to have been having trouble getting off that list, so it's probably best to relieve them of their misery.
>
>        Ross.
>
>