Subject: [AVT] Protocol Action: RTP Payload Format for DV Format Video and sampled Audio to Proposed Standard

From: Steve Coya <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 07:09:11 -0400

------- Forwarded Message

To: IETF-Announce:;
Cc: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>, IANA <[email-masked]>
Cc: Internet Architecture Board <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Subject: Protocol Action: RTP Payload Format for DV Format Video and
         sampled Audio to Proposed Standard
-------------

The IESG has approved the following Internet-Drafts for publication as
Proposed Standards:

o RTP Payload Format for DV Format Video
	<draft-ietf-avt-dv-video-04.txt>

o RTP Payload Format for 12-bit DAT, 20- and 24-bit Linear Sampled
  Audio <draft-ietf-avt-dv-audio-04.txt>

These documents are the product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group.
The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Scott Bradner.

Technical Summary
 
   The DV video document specifies the packetization scheme for encapsulating
   the compressed digital video data streams commonly known as "DV" into
   a payload format for the Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP).  There
   are two kinds of DV, one for consumer use and the other for
   professional. The original "DV" specification designed for consumer-
   use digital VCRs is approved as the IEC 61834 standard set.  The
   specifications for professional DV are published as SMPTE 306M(D-7)
   and 314M(D-9).  Both are based on consumer DV.  The RTP payload
   format specified in this document supports IEC 61834 consumer DV and
   professional SMPTE 306M and 314M(DV-Based) formats.

   The DV audio document specifies the packetization scheme for encapsulating
   the 12-bit nonlinear, 20-bit linear and 24-bit linear audio data
   streams used in DV and DAT media into an RTP payload.  The draft
   also specifies the parameters regarding audio analog preemphasis,
   which is often applied in this media, for use in an SDP announcement.
   The treatment of preemphasized audio data specified this document
   could be used in other audio formats such as L16.

Working Group Summary

   The working group supported advancement of these documents.

Protocol Quality

 The documents were reviewed for the IESG by Allison Mankin.

------- End of Forwarded Message

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt