Subject: [AVT] problem with packetisation period

From: Angai <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 09:29:21 +0530

Hi all ,
     We have a built a RtpStack and integrated with  our SIpStack and we
are facing the following problems with RtpStack .We are testing the
SipStack with SipPhone available in net .

1. The sippphone is sending packets with packetisation period of
120ms.I'm using G711 codec .But i will send packets with packetisation
period of 20ms .I have programmed such that i will start playing only
when i receive 4th packet .The problem is delay  and   the voice on
other side is completely broken  since i'm playing 120ms of data nd
reading  20ms .Whether reading and writing of data should be done for
same period of time ? .

2.In case if i send packets of 20ms duration and once i receive packet
if i change the packetisation period to that of incoming packet the
SipPhone is not able to handle it on other side.Since it sticks to the
packetisation period of first packet .

     If anyone can help regarding this problem it would be graetly
helpful .

Thanking in advance ,
Angai

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt