Subject: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-evrc-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 06:59:52 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: An RTP Payload Format for EVRC Speech
	Author(s)	: A. Li
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-evrc-07.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 21-Aug-01
	
This document describes the RTP payload format for Enhanced Variable
Rate Codec (EVRC) Speech.  The packet format supports various formats
for different application scenarios. An bundled/interleaved format is
included to reduce the effect of packet loss on Speech quality. A
non-bundled format is also supported for conversational applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-evrc-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-evrc-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-evrc-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 14:16:08 +0200

Hi,

I have one small comment on the EVRC draft of a more editorial kind.

Chapter 8.1, third paragraph

"When end-to-end delay is not a concern, an interleaving value (field
   LLL) of 4 or 5 is RECOMMENDED subject to MTU limitations."

Should be changed to:
"When end-to-end delay is not a concern, an interleaving value (field
   LLL) of 4 or 5 is RECOMMENDED."

This due to the fact that the interleaving value has nothing to do with any MTU
limitations. Any MTU limitations will only effect the how many frames can be present
in each packet.

Regards

Magnus Westerlund

Audio Technology, Ericsson Research
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson Radio Systems AB  | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 08:46:16 -0400

This is to announce a two week working group last call on the EVRC payload
format. Please make any final comments by 7th September, at which time we
plan to submit this for publication as a proposed standard RFC.

Colin

>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-evrc-07.txt
...