Subject: Re: [AVT] RFC 2833 SDP Parameters

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 11:30:56 -0500

It's just another audio payload type, so any SDP parameters apply. 
However, it's not quite clear how useful this is. This would limit "The 
maximum amount of media which can be encapsulated in each
     packet, expressed as time in milliseconds." Given that packets 
represent the whole event, this would, read literally, restrict the 
duration of events.

Lubbs, Stephen wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> Another quick question, if you don't mind. Is it permissible to use SDP
> parameters that are not listed in RFC 2833 when describing the payload?
> Specifically, I'm interested in using maxptime in conjunction with RFC
> 2833 named events to limit the packet interval that will be received.
>
> Regards,
> Steve Lubbs
>

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt