Subject: [AVT] preview of ATRAC-X presentation

From: "Matthew Romaine" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:15:34 +0900

Hello List, Colin & Steve,

Below is a brief outline of what we hope to share during our
presentation slot.  This is for a new draft on the ATRAC-X RTP format we
submitted a few weeks ago.
Looking forward to it.

Best,
Matt

Background and Purpose:
- Atrac-X is the newest member of the ATRAC family of perceptual codecs
- ATRAC technology is widely used in MDs and solid-state
recorders/players
- ATRAC-X is a competitive alternative to other codecs
- Standardization for streaming has potential value in future
applications

Features of the payload we would like to propose:
- Multiple bit-stream packetizing
- Support for metadata
- Packet loss resolution via "redundant data"
- Support for fragmentation

[insert brief explanation of ATRAC-X payload, as defined in the draft
available online]

Open Issues we would like to discuss:
- Is our metadata ID allocation method reasonable?  
- How should we handle static IDs? (static ID allocation often leads to
formation of a standards group to regulate...)
- How should timestamp information within the RTP header be determined?
- Currently we're using the server's transmit time, as presentation time
can be determined using the ATRAC-X RTP header information.  However,
since we support multiple streams, is there a better method?

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt