Subject: [AVT] Comments on draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-report-extns-01.txt

From: Louis Fourie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 11:40:46 -0800

Alan,
   The algorithm given in section 4.7.7 Example of burst packet loss calculation appears
to be similar to that given in ETSI TS 101 329-5 Annex E. Is it intended to be the same
algorithm or are you proposing a different algorithm?

  G.107 (7/2002) recommends an R-rating default value of 93.2 instead of 94.2.

- Louis

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: "Alan Clark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:58:48 -0500

Louis

The algorithm given in the example for burst packet loss calculation is the
same algorithm as that described in TS 101 329-5 Annex E.  Just to make life
easier, several of the DSP software vendors are implementing this in their
CODECs.

On the issue of the default value for the R factor - point noted.  Would you
also agree that if this was implemented in an IP Phone then a higher nominal
value should be used as the default assumptions would be different.

Regards

Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: Louis Fourie [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 2:41 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Comments on draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-report-extns-01.txt

Alan,
   The algorithm given in section 4.7.7 Example of burst packet loss
calculation appears
to be similar to that given in ETSI TS 101 329-5 Annex E. Is it intended to
be the same
algorithm or are you proposing a different algorithm?

  G.107 (7/2002) recommends an R-rating default value of 93.2 instead of
94.2.

- Louis