Subject: [AVT] Re: draft-haldar-rtp-session-control-00.txt

From: John Lazzaro <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:38:34 -0800

A quick read over:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-haldar-rtp-session-control-00.txt

seems to indicate no provision for handling lost packets, but the
example applications (push-to-talk, mute, ...) would seem to be
brittle in the face of lost packets ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Lazzaro -- Research Specialist -- CS Division -- EECS -- UC Berkeley
lazzaro [at] cs [dot] berkeley [dot] edu     www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 22:43:36 -0500

>brittle in the face of lost packets ...

It might also be appropriate to consider congestion control, and
interaction with the RTCP timers.

Colin