Subject: [AVT] CALL FOR PAPERS: NOSSDAV 2003

From: Christos Papadopoulos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 19:11:02 -0800 (PST)

Our sincere apologies if you receive this multiple times.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

                    The 13th International Workshop on Network and
                 Operating Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video
                                 (NOSSDAV 2003)
                                 June 1-3, 2003
                                 California, USA

                            http://www.nossdav.org/2003

                                 CALL FOR PAPERS 

Important Dates
---------------
Submission Deadline (HARD): February 14, 2003 (midnight PST)
Acceptance Notification   : March 31, 2003
Camera Ready Deadline     : April 25, 2003

Objectives
----------
The 13th International Workshop on Network and Operating Systems Support
for Digital Audio and Video (NOSSDAV) brings together researchers,
developers and practitioners from academia and industry to present and
discuss new ideas and future directions in networking and operating
systems support for all forms of networked human interaction. From
large immersive environments to portable wireless multimedia devices,
NOSSDAV covers a broad spectrum of cutting edge multimedia research that
strongly impacts infrastructure and the human experience.

For 12 years, NOSSDAV has proven to be an outstanding forum for
researchers and developers involved in building innovative multimedia
systems, networks, and applications.  NOSSDAV is strategically positioned
at the boundaries of applications and the operating system/network,
bridging the gap between highly demanding applications and the
infrastructure.

NOSSDAV invites submissions on all areas of multimedia, but strongly
encourages submissions in newly emerging specialized areas such as
access grids, advanced telepresence and immersive applications, wireless
multimedia, multimedia security, and embedded multimedia devices (e.g.,
Personal Video Recorders, etc.), among others. While NOSSDAV is primarily a
research forum, innovative experimental commercial designs and prototypes
are also welcome.

To ensure a productive workshop environment, attendance will be limited
to about 75 participants who are active in the field. A key aspect of
the workshop is that it provides extensive discussion periods during
which attendees can informally discuss their current work and future
research directions. Traditionally, NOSSDAV has emphasized high quality
experimental research based on prototype or real systems. NOSSDAV 2003
will continue this tradition.

Submissions
-----------
Submissions are sought in any area related to Network and Operating
Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video. The topics of interest
include, but are not limited to:

    * ubiquitous multimedia services
    * peer-to-peer multimedia services
    * Internet telephony
    * broadband streaming media content distribution
    * 3D multimedia and (networked) immersive environments
    * interactive network games
    * wireless and ad-hoc network multimedia systems
    * multimedia information appliances and consumer devices
    * collaborative conferencing
    * wireless multimedia
    * access grids
    * embedded multimedia devices (e.g., PVRs)
    * multimedia security
    * sensory interactive applications
    * digital rights management

We solicit submissions of  5-page extended abstracts   of technical
papers, work-in-progress reports, and position statements. Papers should
identify new problems and explain why they are important, challenge
conventional wisdom, advocate a specific solution, and/or report on
actual experience with real systems. All submissions will be reviewed
by the members of the program committee. Submissions will be selected on
the basis of their originality, technical merit and topical relevance, as
well as the likelihood that the ideas will lead to insightful technical
discussions. Papers submitted to NOSSDAV must not have been published
or submitted elsewhere. Please do not submit abbreviated versions of
journal or conference papers.

Authors of accepted papers will be invited to present at the workshop and
publish full-length versions of their papers in the workshop proceedings.

All submissions must be made through the web. We suggest that authors use
the two-column ACM format for the submissions. Detailed paper submission
guidelines will be available here in January.

Sincerely,

The co-chairs,
Kevin Almeroth, UCSB, <[email-masked]>
Christos Papadopoulos, USC, <[email-masked]>
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt