Subject: [AVT] Draft-ietf-avt-mpeg4-simple-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 17:57:59 +0100

Dear all,

Please find attached draft-ietf-avt-mpeg4-simple-06.txt and a zipped 
version of draft-ietf-avt-mpeg4-simple-06.doc with change marks for your 
review. The txt version should be uploaded shortly at IETF.

Most important modifications between -.06 and -.05: 
- adding formal definitions of "early" AUs and of the minimum 
de-interleave buffer size
- adding constantDuration and its consequences for interleaving (including 
AU-index usage)
- separation of normative and informative references
- add missing references
- if the de-interleave buffer size is smaller than calculated then 
de-interleaveBufferSize MAY be present (rather than SHOULD NOT) 
- update of the examples based on the maxDisplacement and 
de-interleaveBufferSize appproach

Finally, please find below also the most important changes between -.05 
and -.04:
a) disallow fragmentation in the low bit-rate AAC mode (would mean 
fragmenting an AU with a total size of at most 63 bytes)
b) explicitly disallow repetition of one AU in one or more RTP packets, 
other than duplicate RTP packet.

Your review is highly appreciated. All comments should have been 
processed, but you never know. I will be out of my office until Jan 6; my 
response to any comments you may have will have to wait until after that 
date. Happy holidays to all of you !!

Best regards,

Jan van der Meer