Subject: [AVT] MMCN 2003 Call For Participation

From: Yoshito Tobe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 11:42:18 +0900

SPIE/ACM Conference on Multimedia Computing and Networking 2003
                  http://mmcn2003.ece.cmu.edu/

                     January 23 - 24, 2003
                    Santa Clara, California

   Early registration deadline: 12/20/2002. Register on-line at:
            http://www2.electronicimaging.org/register.cfm

                 A d v a n c e    P r o g r a m

Thursday, January 23, 2003
SESSION 1 9:30 to 10:30 am: Multimedia Adaptation Services
------------------------------------------------------------------
* Design and evaluation of a cross-layer adaptation framework for
   mobile multimedia systems
   W. Yuan, K. Nahrstedt, S. Adve, D. L. Jones, R. H. Kravets, Univ.
   of Illinois/Urbana-Champaign

* ICAP solution to Internet content adaptation for pervasive
   computing
   W. L. Tam, K. Chan, T. S. Yum, A. C. F. Chan, Chinese Univ. of
   Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

* Efficient synchronization mechanism adapting to heterogeneous
   transmission delay in networked virtual environments
   E. Hong, D. Lee, E. Park, M. Lim, S. Han, Information and
   Communications Univ. (Korea)

Keynote Session Thurs. 11:00 am to noon
* Speaker: Prof. Kevin Jeffay,
          S. Shepard Jones Professor of Computer Science
          University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

SESSION 2 Thurs. 2:00 to 3:00 pm: Error Coding and Transcoding
------------------------------------------------------------------
* Retransmission-based error control in a many-to-many client-
   server environment
   R. Zimmerman, N. Nahata, C. Shahabi, Univ. of Southern
   California

* Server transcoding of multimedia data for cross-disability
   access
   V. Balasubramanian, N. Venkatasubramanian, Univ. of California/
   Irvine

* tgw: a webcast transcoding gateway
   T. Fitz, Univ. of California/Berkeley

SESSION 3 Thurs. 3:30 to 4:30 pm: Multimedia QoS and Performance
------------------------------------------------------------------
* Quality of service monitoring in multimedia network
   G. Mao, D. Habibi, F. Safaei, Univ. of Wollongong (Australia)

* Providing QoS guarantees in video servers with VBR multi
   resolution video
   R. S. Grover, Q. Li, Santa Clara Univ.

Friday 24 January
SESSION 4 Fri. 9:30 to 10:30 am: Media Distribution
------------------------------------------------------------------
* Analysis of hybrid architecture for cost-effective streaming media
   distribution
   D. Xu, H. Chai, C. Rosenberg, S. Kulkarni, Purdue Univ.

* Scalable TCP-friendly video distribution for heterogeneous clients
   M. Zink, C. Griwodz, J. Schmitt, R. Steinmetz, Technische Univ.
   Darmstadt

* Design and implementation of an active video distribution system
   A. Neogi, IBM India Research Lab. (India); T. Chiueh, SUNY/Stony
   Brook

SESSION 5 Fri. 11:00 am to 12:00 pm: Multimedia Authoring and
Delivery
------------------------------------------------------------------
* MPEG-7 multimedia data cartridge
   M. Doeller, H. Kosch, Univ. Klagenfurt (Germany)

* Posting protocol for improved keyword search success in
   peer-to-peer file sharing systems
   L. M. Clay, M. H. Ammar, E. W. Zegura, R. J. Clark, Georgia
   Institute of Technology

* Overlay caching scheme for overlay network
   M. Tran, W. Tavanapong, Iowa State Univ.

Lunch Break

SESSION 6 Fri. 2:00 to 3:00 pm: Multimedia Streaming
------------------------------------------------------------------
* Proxy-based asynchronous multicast for efficient on-demand media
   distribution
   Y. Cui, K. Nahrstedt, Univ. of Illinois/Urbana-Champaign

* Proxy-assisted power-friendly streaming to mobile devices
   P. J. Shenoy, P. Radkov, Univ. of Massachusetts/Amherst

* Efficient buffer management for scalable media-on-demand
   M. Waldvogel, IBM Zurich Research Lab. (Switzerland); W. Deng,
   R. Janakiraman, Washington Univ.

SESSION 7 Fri. 3:30 to 4:30 pm: Multimedia Broadcast Schemes
------------------------------------------------------------------
* Efficient VOD broadcasting scheme with user bandwidth limit
   E. Yan, T. Kameda, Simon Fraser Univ. (Canada)

* Variable bandwidth broadcasting protocol for video-on-demand
   J. Paris, Univ. of Houston; D. D. E. Long, Univ. of california/
   Santa Cruz

* Periodic broadcast protocol for heterogeneous receivers
   K. A. Hua, O. Bagouet, D. Oger, Univ. of Central Florida

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt