Subject: [AVT] Time plan for Timed Text

From: "Jose Rey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 14:29:02 +0200

no, it's not a pun ;)

----

Hi all,

it's been awhile since I submitted the
draft-ietf-avt-rtp-3gpp-timed-text-00.txt. However to date,  I haven't got
much comments on it (to be exact: none).

So... before you come out with those hundreds of comments I would like to
remind you what is this about and propose a time plan for the draft.

A bit of background info
========================

As you know the timed text draft specifies a payload format for 3GPP timed
text media format (specified in 3GPP TS26.234 Rel5 and TS26.245 Rel6).  This
is a media format that allows the creation of decorated text that can be
synchronised with audio/video/other media streams.  Examples are:
newscasts/movies subtitles, live tickers, karaoke, multimedia
presentations....

The draft was accepted as a WG item in the last IETF Meeting in Korea and
since then a new (uncommented) version is out...

Time plan for Timed Text draft
==============================
Assuming that Release 6 closes in September 2004 (which is a quite realistic
assumption) this would be the time plan:

- until **May 1st** (15 days from now): gather comments from AVT on current
draft-ietf-avt-rtp-3gpp-timed-text-00 and submit new version within a week
(May 7-9th)
- repeat this process with the new draft a maximum of three times (3 new
drafts) but probably only 2. That would mean that by the end of June a final
draft should be ready.
- **End June/begin July: request WGLC**.  Assuming it passes this WGLC the
draft would enter the rest of procedures and reviews around mid July, and
would have 1.5 months to make its way to RFC which is fairly feasible.

What do you think?  Comments? Got a better idea? Volunteers to review?

Thanks,

-------------------------------
Jose Rey
Mobile Multimedia Team
Panasonic European Labs GmbH
D-63225 Langen, Germany
Tel.:+49-6103-766-134
Fax :+49-6103-766-166
Email: [email-masked]
Visit: www.pel.panasonic.de
-------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:13:34 +0100

> remind you what is this about and propose a time plan for the draft.

Sounds like a good schedule, although we should try to get the draft to 
the IESG by the end of June. I'd encourage people to comment on the 
draft.

-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/