Subject: [AVT] RTP MIDI: I-D updates, Request for Last Call

From: "John Lazzaro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:13:24 -0700

Hi everyone,

         Sent off the updated versions of the RTP MIDI payload
format document (draft-ietf-avt-rtp-midi-format-04.txt) and
implementation guide (draft-ietf-avt-rtp-midi-guidelines-04.txt)
to [email-masked] today.  You can pick up a copy now
on the Berkeley mirror:

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro/sa/pubs/txt/current-rtp-midi.txt
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro/sa/pubs/txt/current-guide.txt

	No normative changes in this release -- just a few editorial
clarifications, described in the document Change Logs.

	A new sfront release (first in 14 months ...) came out over
the weekend -- this release supports the MIDI payload format
defined in draft-ietf-avt-rtp-midi-format-04.txt.  Pick it up at:

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro/sa/index.html

	I believe it is time to request Last Call for these documents.
Together, they are a bit over 150 pages -- and so, a review of
these documents entails a non-trivial time commitment.  Given
the commercial importance MIDI ring-tones have had in the
cellular industry, and the long-standing role MIDI has played
on stage and in the recording studio, I'm hoping at least one of
our 1000 AVT subscribers can justify spending the time to do the
review that will kick the documents into Last Call.  Thanks in
advance.

---
John Lazzaro
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro
lazzaro [at] cs [dot] berkeley [dot] edu
---

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt