Subject: [AVT] Update of 3GPP Timed Text

From: "Jose Rey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 14:58:00 +0200

Hi all,

following the comments from Dave, I would like to announce that there is a
new revision of the draft out.

I submitted yesterday an update to the ID manager.  This time as a WG
document, since no comments against that have been heard.

Until it is announced, you can get a copy here:

http://www.pel.panasonic.de/ietf/docs/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-3gpp-timed-text-00.
txt

This new version mainly addresses the comments on the list before the Seoul
Meeting and during the presentation there.
This is  an excerpt of the Change Log Section:

"Major changes:

- IPR Disclosure Agreement added to boilerplate, IPR Notices and Copyright
Statement modified as per BCP 78.

- SIDX usage re-defined.

- "spldesc" parameter semantics lightly changed.

- LEN field made MANDATORY, therefore TYPE header 2 rearranged to ease
processing in 32-bit machines.

- clarify that TYPE 5 SHOULD be implemented and, at least, a receiver  MUST
be able to discard it, if not implemented.

- some guidelines on the clockrate for live streaming and within 3GP files.

- Offer/Answer section

- Extended glossary in the Terminology section

- new fmtp parameter, "version", to indicate compliance to a particular
version of 3GPP Timed Text specification."

Looking forward to your comments,

-------------------------------
Jose Rey
Mobile Multimedia Team
Panasonic European Labs GmbH
D-63225 Langen, Germany
Tel.:+49-6103-766-134
Fax :+49-6103-766-166
Email: [email-masked]
Visit: www.pel.panasonic.de
-------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt