Subject: [AVT] RTP payload format for H.264

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:47:31 +0200

Hi,

As you might have seen a new version of the RTP payload format for H.264 
is now available. It can be fetched here:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-h264-05.txt

We have tried to address all known issues, including updating the 
offer/answer section which is the only major change. Please review and 
send any comments ASAP.

We authors are also requesting a WG last call. We authors feel the 
version is good enough, and there are also a rather tight timeschedule 
if we are going to meet 3GPP Release 6 deadline.

The list of changes are:

  Annex A: Changes relative to draft-ietf-avt-rtp-h264-04.txt

     [This section will be removed in a future version of this draft.]

     This memo contains the following technical changes relative to the
     previous I-D:

     o Updated all the boiler plate text to reflect RFC 3667 and RFC
       3668.

     o Rewrote the abstract.

     o Simplified the chapter on RTP header usage to remove fields that
       are not directly used by the RTP payload format.

     o Clarified the usage of the RTP sequence number to determine the
       decoding order for single NALU and non-interleaved mode.

     o Clarified the usage of FU-A also in interleaved mode for any
       fragment after the first, which uses FU-B.

     o Added a new MIME parameter "max-rcmd-nalu-size" that is a hint to
       the largest NALU sizes in bytes that work efficiently for the
       receiver.  Intended usage is gateways.

     o Split MIME parameter "deint-buf-size" into two different
       parameters, a capability part "deint-buf-cap", and stream property
       part "deint-buf-req".

     o Updated the offer-answer consideration section to provide better
       guidelines to ensure interoperability and how offer-answer will
       work with different parameters.

     o Added an IANA consideration section, requesting registration of
       the MIME type.

     o The text for section 11.5 has been updated.

     o Updated the text for the F bit of the NALU header by removing
       normative implementation rules.  Now only informative parts
       remain.

     o Added table in Section 5.3 re recommended NRI values for different
       NAL unit types

     o removed MS-Office hyperlinks (underscores) in the on-line
       references

     o Added a section (8.4) with considerations regarding the handling
       of parameter sets.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt