Subject: [AVT] ACM NOSSDAV - Call for Participation

From: "Cormac J. Sreenan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 11:23:54 +0100

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

The 14th International Workshop on Network and Operating Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video (NOSSDAV 2004) 

June 16-18, 2004
Kinsale, County Cork, Ireland 

http://www.nossdav.org/2004/

PRIMARY SPONSORS: ACM SIGMM, Microsoft Research, U.S. National Science
Foundation, and Science Foundation Ireland

SECONDARY SPONSOR: IBM Research

IN COOPERATION WITH: ACM SIGCOMM and ACM SIGMOBILE

NOSSDAV 2004 will bring together researchers from industry and academia to present and discuss the latest advances in multimedia networking, including streaming, networked games, and wireless multimedia. The workshop will be held in Kinsale on the 
exceptionally scenic southern coast of Ireland. Kinsale is approximately a 20 minute drive outside Cork city, which is 
within easy reach of major European capitals and the east coast 
of the U.S.

The workshop highlights include:

* Keynote address by Dr. Bill Weihl, CTO Akamai on "Beyond Content
Delivery: Applications to the Edge"

* Panel moderated by Prof. Hui Zhang, Carnegie Mellon University (topic
TBD)

* Two days of technical paper presentation (detailed program will be
announced on April 20)

***STUDENT TRAVEL GRANT PROGRAM***: With the generous support of our
sponsors, we expect to be in a position to offer several travel grants
for full-time students to attend NOSSDAV 2004. For details see
http://www.nossdav.org/2004/travelGrants.html

DEADLINES:

Student travel grant application: April 26, 2004

Workshop early registration & hotel: May 17, 2004

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt