Subject: [AVT] RFC3711: Srtp key_id ?

From: "milo diurn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:12:03 +0000

Karl, and Srtp community,

In RFC3711,
how is key_id defined and by which part (external/internal) ?

If key_id belongs to the Srtp parameters, why do not referring to it in
the parameters list (chap 8.2) ?

Could you, please, clarify this point ?

Thanks

Regards

_________________________________________________________________
FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now! 
http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: "David A. McGrew" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 08:03:48 -0800

Milo,

> how is key_id defined and by which part (external/internal) ?

it is defined externally.  From Section 3.1:

    MKI (Master Key Identifier): configurable length, OPTIONAL.  The
               MKI is defined, signaled, and used by key management.

> the parameters list (chap 8.2) ?

It is there, but you might have missed it because it is only referred 
to by the acronym "MKI"

Hope this helps!

David