Subject: [AVT] RFC 3951 on Internet Low Bit Rate Codec (iLBC)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 13:25:31 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3951

        Title:      Internet Low Bit Rate Codec (iLBC)
        Author(s):  S. Andersen, A. Duric, H. Astrom, R. Hagen,
                    W. Kleijn, J. Linden
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       December 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      194
        Characters: 373442
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-ilbc-codec-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3951.txt

This document specifies a speech codec suitable for robust voice
communication over IP.  The codec is developed by Global IP Sound
(GIPS).  It is designed for narrow band speech and results in a
payload bit rate of 13.33 kbit/s for 30 ms frames and 15.20 kbit/s
for 20 ms frames.  The codec enables graceful speech quality
degradation in the case of lost frames, which occurs in connection
with lost or delayed IP packets.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group
of the IETF.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt