Subject: [AVT] TFRC applied to HDTV uncompressed 1.5 Gbps

From: Alejandro Cabrera Obed <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:43:27 -0300

Dear people,

I'm from Argentina, developing a survey about HDTV uncompressed live
streaming over IP. I'm contacting you in order to know what you think
about applying TFRC to HDTV uncompressed live streaming (aprox. 1.5
Gbps), in order to get congestion control.

1) Do you think there is any limitation in applying the TFRC mechanism
to my scenario ???

2) Is it correct the use of RTCP like a feedback mechanism for TFRC,
taking the RTCP throughput at about 5% of 1.5 Gbps ???

Maybe, if TRFC is OK to HDTV uncompressed, I'm interesting in studying
into account the use of LSR and DLSR fields of RR in order to
calculate the RTT.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your opinion.

Alejandro Cabrera Obed

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt