Subject: [AVT] Working group last call: MIDI Payload Format and Implementation Guide

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 16:46:58 +0000

This is to announce a working group last call on the RTP Payload Format  
for MIDI and the associated implementation guide:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-midi-format 
-07.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-midi-guidelines 
-07.txt

Please send any final comments on these drafts to the <[email-masked]>  
mailing list by 10th January 2005. If no substantive issues are  
received by then, we will request that the payload format be published  
as a Proposed Standard RFC and the implementation guide be published as  
an informational RFC.

Colin

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: lazzaro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 20:53:04 -0800

Colin Perkins <[email-masked]> writes:
> This is to announce a working group last call on the RTP Payload  
> Format for MIDI and the associated implementation guide:
>
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-midi- 
> guidelines-07.txt
>
> mailing list by 10th January 2005.

Spent a few weeks updating the sfront code base to reflect the normative
changes in RTP MIDI that appear in -05/-06/-07.txt.  Found one bug in  
-07.txt,
so there will be a -08.txt released after WG Last Call and before IETF  
Last Call.
(which will also include any changes necessitated by the WG Last Call  
responses).
Here is the change log entry for the bug that will appear in -08.txt:

---

[1] The normative text for computing the A-BUTTON and C-BUTTON fields
(Appendix A.4.2.1) has been slightly changed.  The -07.txt read:

    To compute and code the count value, initialize the count value to 0,
    add 1 for each qualifying Data Increment command, subtract 1 for each
    qualifying Data Decrement command, and limit the magnitude of the
    final count to 16383.

The revised text in -08.txt:

   To compute and code the count value, initialize the count value to 0,
   add 1 for each qualifying Data Increment command, and subtract 1 for
   each qualifying Data Decrement command.  After each add or subtract,
   limit the count magnitude to 16383.

---

In other news, there is now an RTP MIDI web page:

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro/rtpmidi/index.html

The "To Learn More" section on the right has links to the code, papers,  
and
my local mirrors of the I-Ds.

---
John Lazzaro
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro
lazzaro [at] cs [dot] berkeley [dot] edu
---