Subject: [AVT] HDTV over IP: more projects

From: Alejandro Cabrera Obed <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 14:22:29 -0300

Hi people,

I am really interested on the uncompressed HDTV over IP experiment
from Ladan Gharai and Collin Perkins, using TFRC.

Do you know any other experiment in the world that transmits
uncompressed HDTV over an IP network, in order to compare different
techniques and modes of transmission ???

(I was Googling but I couldn't find anything, just experiments
transmitting 19Mbps, 270 Mbps but not 1 Gbps or more)

Thanks !!!

-- 
Alejandro Cabrera Obed
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Chuck Harrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:03:35 -0800

> techniques and modes of transmission ???

http://www.physorg.com/news2742.html

I don't think these guys (Research Channel, UW) are using a standard
protocol, but they have done several demos of uncompressed HD over
IP WANs.

Peace,
  Chuck

---

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 16:37:57 -0500

Check with the guys in the Navy Research Labs, Hank Dardy's folks.  They
have been doing it for several years on ATM networks, and recently have been
working towards doing the same thing on IP networks.

Brian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Alejandro Cabrera Obed
> Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 12:22 PM
> To: AVT Lista
> Subject: [AVT] HDTV over IP: more projects
> 
> Hi people,
>

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 08:59:30 +0100

> protocol, but they have done several demos of uncompressed HD over

Tektronix had an implementation of the RTP Payload Format for 
SMPTE-292M that was shown at SC2001: 
http://www.tek.com/Measurement/Products/press/hdtv/

NTT also had a demonstrator at around the same time:
http://www.ntt.co.jp/news/news01e/0110/011026.html

Both the Tektronix and NTT systems did full-rate uncompressed HDTV 
using custom hardware (a full custom solution in the Tektronix case, a 
Linux box with custom NIC in the NTT case). The system Ladan and I 
built uses off-the-shelf hardware, and was demonstrated in parallel to 
the Tektronix implementation at SC2001, but running at a lower rate to 
fit within the limitations of gigabit Ethernet (with colour 
sub-sampling used to reduce the data rate).

There is http://www.ihdtv.org/ for an early workshop on this subject.

Colin