Subject: [AVT] 2833bis new issues

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 15:38:17 -0500

I've prepared a compliancy matrix for 2833bis as part of my preparation for the 
meeting presentation.  I'll be adding cross-references to the corresponding 
requirements in RFC 2833 where they exist.  I"m figuring out how to make this 
publicly available, but in the meantime you can just ask for it if you want.

In any event, I identified two new issues with the "tone" payload.  The first is 
one I noticed a while back but forgot to follow up on: the payload specifies a 
modulation frequency, but doesn't specify the amplitude of the modulation.  I 
don't know if there is a backward compatible solution to this, even though the 
payload includes unused "R" bits.

The second issue is whether the tone payload has to include at least one 
frequency.  If it does not, a reasonable interpretation is that silence is being 
reported.  Reasonable, but that has to be specified.

Tom Taylor

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt