Subject: [AVT] Erratum in RFC 3189 (fwd)

From: Stephen Casner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:58:21 -0800 (PST)

In August 2004, there was a discussion about whether SDP should allow
more than one a=fmtp line per payload type.  The answer was no.  Since
I am one of the authors of RFC 3189 where this rule was violated in
SDP examples, I was given the charge at the previous IETF to notify
RFC Editor about this error.  As the enclosed message demonstrates, I
have now done so.

It is also time to collect interoperability experience for RFC 3189
and update it to Draft Standard, at which time the correction can be
made in the text.

                                                        -- Steve

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:38:26 -0800 (PST)
From: Stephen Casner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Katsushi Kobayashi <[email-masked]>,
     Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Subject: Erratum in RFC 3189

There are two errors in the SDP examples shown in RFC 3189:

1. In an fmtp paramter, there should not be a space after the colon.

2. The examples show the use of two fmtp parameters for a single
   payload type.  This was not necessary since they can be combined.
   In draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-new-24.txt, section 6, the rules of RFC
   2327 are clarified to say that only one fmtp parameter is allowed
   per payload type.  Therefore, the examples should be reformatted to
   use a single line.

There are two places in the RFC where these errors appear.

In Section 3.1, the RFC says:

      a=fmtp:113 encode=SD-VCR/525-60
      a=fmtp:113 audio=none

It should say:

      a=fmtp:113 encode=SD-VCR/525-60 audio=none

In Section 3.2, the RFC says:

      a=fmtp: 112 encode=SD-VCR/525-60
      a=fmtp: 112 audio=bundled
      a=fmtp: 113 encode=306M/525-60
      a=fmtp: 113 audio=bundled

It should say:

      a=fmtp:112 encode=SD-VCR/525-60 audio=bundled
      a=fmtp:113 encode=306M/525-60 audio=bundled

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt