Subject: [AVT] jpeg2000rtp IETF62 issues

From: Andrew Leung <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 12:36:00 +0900

Hi all,

There are some open issues with the new IPR draft of JPEG2000 RTP. We
have thought about this alot and would like a 2nd opinion:

-Using an extra SDP/MIME parameter in the IPR version to signal it's
capabilities: is there a specific value we should choose? Now we have
"beam" as the value, would a more "generic" value be appreciated? (we
expect another addition to the free system now)
-For free servers/clients, is it automatically assumed unsupported
parameters would be dropped? OR: Do we have to specify that they have to
be dropped? (ie. IPR server querying free client with "beam" option in
SDP, would the client automatically drop it on the answer?)
-For an IPR server, serving IPR headers is smart? i.e. for multi-cast
free & ipr clients
-how much compatibility testing do we have to do between the two drafts?
2 separate implementations for each?

See you in Minneapolis!
andrew

-- 
Andrew Leung		 	[email-masked]
BEAM Group				+81-3-5448-2125
Sony Corporation

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt