Subject: [AVT] "RTP Payload format for uncompressed video" with ancillary data

From: Alejandro Cabrera Obed <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 13:48:56 -0300

Dear all,

I've read the past mail about "RTP payload format for uncompressed
video" as a proposed standard. I'm studying the way to transmit HDTV
video uncompressed using this RFC, but I know that for the moment it´s
not possible to transmit both audio and video data with this RFC.

If I read this paragraph from the RFC: "In instances where ancillary
data is being transmitted the sender and receiver can disambiguate 
between ancillary and video data via scan line numbers. That is, the 
ancillary data will use scan line numbers that are not within the
scope of the  video frame.", I ask you:

Is it possible to consider the audio data from the HDTV standard as
"ancillary data" and so transmit also the audio within the RTP Payload
format for uncompressed video with no synchronization problems with
the video data ???

Really thanks ,

Alejandro

-- 
Alejandro Cabrera Obed
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt