Subject: [AVT] RFC 4733 flash event

From: "Yuval Nissan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:56:36 +0200

Hi,

We have noticed that the line flash event (code 16) defined in RFC 2833
is now deprecated in the new RFC 4733. 

+-------------+---------------------------------------+-------------+
| Event Codes | RFC 2833 Description                  | Disposition |
+-------------+---------------------------------------+-------------+
|        0-15 | DTMF digits                           | RFC 4733    |
|          16 | Line flash (deprecated)               | Reserved    |

Audiocodes and other vendors already use this event in products in the
field (and will continue to use it in the future).

What is the reason for this change (not keeping backward compatible)?

How this issue can be resolved, so no interop problems start to rise?  

Regards,

Yuval 

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:21:56 -0500

Someone has to write an I-D re-standardizing the line events they want 
to preserve. When I worked on 2833bis, 2833biscas and 2833bisdata, no 
one indicated any interest in the line-related events. Now, it seems 
like there is some interest. I wouldn't think it would be a big job to 
write the draft, but I feel I've done my part.

BTW we did make sure the codepoints remain available for allocation.

Yuval Nissan wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>