Subject: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-hc-over-mpls-protocol-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Protocol Extensions for Header Compression over MPLS
	Author(s)	: J. Ash, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-hc-over-mpls-protocol-08.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 2007-2-16
	
This specification defines how to use Multi-Protocol Label Switching
   (MPLS) to route Header-Compressed (HC) packets over an MPLS label
   switched path.  HC can significantly reduce packet-header overhead
   and, in combination with MPLS, can also increases bandwidth
   efficiency and processing scalability in terms of the maximum number
   of simultaneous compressed flows that use HC at each router).  Here
   we define how MPLS pseudowires are used to transport the HC context
   and control messages between the ingress and egress MPLS label
   switching routers.  This is defined for a specific set of existing HC
   mechanisms that might be used, for example, to support voice over IP.
   This specification also describes extension mechanisms to allow
   support for future, as yet to be defined, HC protocols.  In this
   specification, each HC protocol operates independently over a single
   pseudowire instance very much as it would over a single
   point-to-point link.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-hc-over-mpls-protocol-08.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-avt-hc-over-mpls-protocol-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-hc-over-mpls-protocol-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert theFrom [email-masked] Fri Feb 16 15:51:20 2007
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 15:50:02 -0500
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-hc-over-mpls-protocol-08.txt 
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Protocol Extensions for Header Compression over MPLS
	Author(s)	: J. Ash, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-hc-over-mpls-protocol-08.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 2007-2-16
	
This specification defines how to use Multi-Protocol Label Switching
   (MPLS) to route Header-Compressed (HC) packets over an MPLS label
   switched path.  HC can significantly reduce packet-header overhead
   and, in combination with MPLS, can also increases bandwidth
   efficiency and processing scalability in terms of the maximum number
   of simultaneous compressed flows that use HC at each router).  Here
   we define how MPLS pseudowires are used to transport the HC context
   and control messages between the ingress and egress MPLS label
   switching routers.  This is defined for a specific set of existing HC
   mechanisms that might be used, for example, to support voice over IP.
   This specification also describes extension mechanisms to allow
   support for future, as yet to be defined, HC protocols.  In this
   specification, each HC protocol operates independently over a single
   pseudowire instance very much as it would over a single
   point-to-point link.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-hc-over-mpls-protocol-08.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-avt-hc-over-mpls-protocol-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-hc-over-mpls-protocol-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 18:04:57 +0000

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-hc-over-mpls- 

To update the working group: there were some comments received during  
IETF last call, which this version of the draft is intended to  
address. For details, see: https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/ 
pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=13573

-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/