Subject: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vorbis-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RTP Payload Format for Vorbis Encoded Audio
	Author(s)	: L. Barbato
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vorbis-04.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2007-5-14
	
This document describes an RTP payload format for transporting Vorbis
   encoded audio.  It details the RTP encapsulation mechanism for raw
   Vorbis data and details the delivery mechanisms for the decoder
   probability model, referred to as a codebook and other setup
   information.

   Also included within this memo are media type registrations, and the
   details necessary for the use of Vorbis with the Session Description
   Protocol (SDP).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vorbis-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vorbis-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vorbis-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 13:43:39 +0100

Hi Luca

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vorbis-04.txt

Two minor nits on this, then I think it's done:

   - Section 7.1: change title to use "Media Type" rather than "MIME"
   - Section 7.1.1: "MIME subtypes" -> "media subtypes" and "MIME types"
     -> "Media types"

(media types have been used for things other than email for 10 years  
now, we should stop using the confusing "MIME" acronym).

Cheers,
-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/

---

From: Luca Barbato <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 15:20:02 +0200

> now, we should stop using the confusing "MIME" acronym).

I already fixed those two in the svn but I was waiting for further
comments before pushing an update on the ietf ftp.

lu

-- 

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero