Subject: [AVT] ACM NOSSDAV 2007, Urbana-Champaign, June 4-5

From: Dongyan Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 12:44:58 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Colleague:

We cordially invite you and your interested colleagues/students
to participate in the 17th ACM Workshop on Network and Operating
Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video (NOSSDAV 2007), to be
held on the campus of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
from June 4 to 5.

Please find below the "Call for Participation" message from the
Workshop co-Chairs.

If you'd like to attend the Workshop, you may wish to take advantage
of the early registration option with a deadline of May 14.

My apologies if you've received the same information from other
sources.

Sincerely,
Dongyan Xu
Publicity co-Chair
ACM NOSSDAV 2007

8-<-------------------------------------------------------------

                       CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
     The 17th International Workshop on Network and Operating
    Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video (NOSSDAV 2007)
                     Urbana-Champaign, IL, USA
                          June 4-5, 2007
                      Sponsored by ACM SIGMM
                   http://www.nossdav.org/2007

           *** Early registration deadline: May 14, 2007

The 17th NOSSDAV will be held in June 2007 at the University of Illinois
at Urbana-Champaign, IL, USA.  We invite you to attend this workshop
that is known as an event where new and controversial ideas are presented and 
receive strong feedback. At NOSSDAV, seasoned researchers
meet students for lively discussions.  The workshop provides a time and
venue to inspire discussion among its participants.  NOSSDAV fosters
cutting-edge, state-of-the-art research in multimedia and newly emerging
areas.

>From its original focus on support for audio and video, the scope of
NOSSDAV has broadened to include networked games, sensor networks,
multimedia interfaces, and peer-to-peer networking.  At this year's
NOSSDAV, Professor Ralf Steimetz presents us with a new challenge in this
keynote speech "QoS in Wireless Mesh Networks: A Challenging Endeavor",
and industry meets academia in a panel discussion on "Large Scale Peer-
to-Peer Streaming & IPTV Technologies". 18 presenters from 9 countries
will present their exciting research on new forms of streaming, gaming, coding, 
IPTV, measurement, mobility, and middleware, and they expect your
feedback and challenges.

You can find the detailed program at

      http://www.nossdav.org/2007/program.html

If you have any questions, please get in touch with the co-chairs:

    Reza Rejaie (University of Oregon)
    Klara Nahrstedt (UIUC)

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt