Subject: [AVT] RFC 4901 on Protocol Extensions for Header Compression over MPLS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:03:57 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4901

        Title:      Protocol Extensions for Header Compression 
                    over MPLS 
        Author:     J. Ash, Ed., J. Hand, Ed.,
                    A. Malis, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      34
        Characters: 78801
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-hc-over-mpls-protocol-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4901.txt

This specification defines how to use Multi-Protocol Label Switching
(MPLS) to route Header-Compressed (HC) packets over an MPLS label
switched path.  HC can significantly reduce packet-header overhead
and, in combination with MPLS, can also increases bandwidth
efficiency and processing scalability in terms of the maximum number
of simultaneous compressed flows that use HC at each router).  Here
we define how MPLS pseudowires are used to transport the HC context
and control messages between the ingress and egress MPLS label
switching routers.  This is defined for a specific set of existing HC
mechanisms that might be used, for example, to support voice over IP.
This specification also describes extension mechanisms to allow
support for future, as yet to be defined, HC protocols.  In this
specification, each HC protocol operates independently over a single
pseudowire instance, very much as it would over a single
point-to-point link.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt