Subject: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rfc4695-bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RTP Payload Format for MIDI
	Author(s)	: J. Lazzaro, J. Wawrzynek
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-rfc4695-bis-02.txt
	Pages		: 183
	Date		: 2007-8-28
	
This memo describes a Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) payload
   format for the MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) command
   language.  The format encodes all commands that may legally appear on
   a MIDI 1.0 DIN cable.  The format is suitable for interactive
   applications (such as network musical performance) and content-
   delivery applications (such as file streaming).  The format may be
   used over unicast and multicast UDP and TCP, and it defines tools for
   graceful recovery from packet loss.  Stream behavior, including the
   MIDI rendering method, may be customized during session setup.  The
   format also serves as a mode for the mpeg4-generic format, to support
   the MPEG 4 Audio Object Types for General MIDI, Downloadable Sounds
   Level 2, and Structured Audio.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rfc4695-bis-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-avt-rfc4695-bis-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rfc4695-bis-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: lazzaro <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:35:17 -0700

Hello everyone,

	rfc4695-bis-01.txt was about to expire, and so
I released rfc4695-bis-02.txt today.  No changes
except for the name update.  The plan is to keep
this I-D alive for a few more 6-month cycles, while
we wait to see if there are more errata discovered
by implementors ...

---
John Lazzaro
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro
lazzaro [at] cs [dot] berkeley [dot] edu
---