Subject: [AVT] RFC 3984 offer/answer Question

From: "Yuval Nissan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 19:35:20 +0300

Hi,

I would like to clarify the following scenario:

A and B use the same H.264 profile and packetization mode (this
assumption is only for simplicity). 

A supports up to level 3.0, and B supports only level 1.0.

A doesn't know the level supported by B, and it wants to start the
negotiation as offerer.

My understanding is that A needs to send in the SDP new attribute for
each level from 1.0 to 3.0 in order to ensure interoperability. Is this
correct?

Regards,

Yuval

 

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: "Murat Artun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:02:05 +0300

Hello,

inline...

On 8/13/07, Yuval Nissan <[email-masked]> wrote:
> A and B use the same H.264 profile and packetization mode (this assumption
> is only for simplicity).
>
> My understanding is that A needs to send in the SDP new attribute for each
> level from 1.0 to 3.0 in order to ensure interoperability. Is this correct?
>

This does not seem to comply with the offer/answer procedure. Do you
mean a new connection establishment attempt to take place after the
first that you defined above is somehow rejected or fails with a
reject in the SIP level?

-- 
M u r at  A r t u n, MSc.
   Design Engineer

"be conservative in what you do, be liberal in what you accept from others"

---

From: "Even, Roni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 14:38:00 +0300

Yuval,

The level is the highest level supported so level 3 means that you also
support level 1. This is specified in RFC 3984.

B can offer level 3.

Roni Even

________________________________

From: Yuval Nissan [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 7:35 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [AVT] RFC 3984 offer/answer Question

Hi,

Regards,

Yuval