Subject: RE: [AVT] IPR statement on draft-ietf-avt-rtp-no-op-04

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 22:59:46 -0700

> At 19:58  +0100 31/05/07, Colin Perkins wrote:
> >The secretariat informs us that an updated IPR disclosure has been 
> >submitted pertaining to the RTP no-op payload format:
> >
> >https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/ipr_detail_show.cgi?ipr_id=854
> >
> 
> Could the authors say a little about this? 

Unfortunately we can't speak to our licensing or IPR, only our
legal department can.

> I have a lot of respect 
> for (and my company pays a lot of money to license) truly inventive 
> techniques, and so on.

Cisco's IPR disclosure for RTP no-op includes Cisco's licensing 
terms (URL above).  There, you will find a clause describing how 
one may freely use the technology.

> But here we have an IPR statement for packets which by definition 
> contain nothing useful, and can be discarded by the recipient.

-d

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt