Subject: [AVT] ATIS IIF Liaison (Quality of Experience survey)

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 09:35:18 -0400

We received this liaison from ATIS IIF (a leading organization working on IPTV). 
  I'm not sure what the procedure is for posting a document for general access, 
but I'll investigate. In the meantime, I can pass a copy of the survey mentioned 
in the liaison to anyone who wants it.

Tom Taylor

<begin>

June 17, 2009
Via Email

IETF AudioVideo Transport Working Group
Roni Even ([email-masked])
Tom Taylor ([email-masked])
Re: ATIS IIF – Customer QoE Survey

Dear Messrs. Even and Taylor:

The Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions (ATIS)
would like to invite members of the IETF AVT WG to participate in
a survey that provides insights into an IPTV service quality
measurement process, particularly as it relates to the type of
issues that IPTV customers report and how they are remedied.
The results of this survey will be discussed by the ATIS IPTV
Interoperability Forum (IIF) and used to help create standards.
The results of the survey will be made available in a report which
will be shared with survey respondents.

The attached survey is an important tool in assisting the industry
in the development of appropriate technical specifications. The
results of this survey will guide the work of the ATIS IIF QoS
Metrics (QoSM) Committee’s work program in ensuring it is
working on the most important QoE standards and
recommendations for IPTV service providers.

We would greatly appreciate your assistance in encouraging
members of the IETF AVT WG who are engaged in IPTV Service to
complete this survey. ATIS will ensure that all individual
responses remain anonymous and will not be shared. ATIS staff
will compile the data and anonymize the results, which will then
be used by IIF members to create standards to assist the
industry.

Completed surveys should be returned (via e-mail, fax, or mail)
no later than August 3, 2009, to:

Jackie Voss
ATIS Manager – Standards Development
1200 G Street NW, Ste. 500
Washington, DC 20005
(202) 393-5453 (fax)
[email-masked]
1200 G Street, NW
Suite 500
Washington, DC 20005
www.atis.org
__________________
IPTV Interoperability Forum (IIF)

Dan O’Callaghan Chairman
           [email-masked]

Richard Brand Vice Chairman
           [email-masked]

Maria Estefania ATIS Vice President Standards Development
           +1 202-434-8842
           [email-masked]

Jackie Voss ATIS Manager Standards Development
           +1 913-393-0891
           [email-masked]
____________________
Standards that Drive the Business of Communications
____________________
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Jackie Voss, ATIS Manager 
– Standards Development, at [email-masked].

Sincerely,
Dan O’Callaghan
Chair, ATIS IIF

cc:
Richard Brand, ATIS IIF Vice Chair, [email-masked]
Michael Fargano, Member at Large of ATIS IIF Leadership Team, 
[email-masked]
Robert Streijl, ATIS IIF QoSM Committee Co-Chair, [email-masked]
Ken Kerpez, ATIS IIF QoSM Committee Co-Chair, [email-masked]
Maria Estefania, ATIS Vice President of Industry Forums, [email-masked]
Thomas Goode, ATIS General Counsel, [email-masked]
Jackie Voss, ATIS Manager-Standards Development, [email-masked]
Alexandra Blasgen, ATIS Committee Administrator, [email-masked]

<end>