Subject: [AVT] ID draft-wang-avt-rtp-improved-rams-00 submitted

From: Ye-Kui Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 03:19:32 -0400

Hi AVT folks,
 
Here is another draft related to rapid acquisition of multicast streams,
just submitted, and available here:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wang-avt-rtp-improved-rams-00.txt.
 
Title: Improved Rapid Acquisition of Multicast Sessions
 
Abstract: This document describes an improvement to unicast based rapid
acquisition of multicast RTP sessions (RAMS) described in
[I-D.ietf-avt-rapid-acquisition-for-rtp].  The improved method allows a
receiver to simultaneously request a unicast burst stream and join the
multicast group, and then select one of the two streams to be first
processed.
 
Comments are welcome!

BR, YK