Subject: [AVT] [Fwd: I-D Action:draft-westerlund-avt-ecn-for-rtp-01.txt]

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 16:41:10 +0200

AVT and TSVWG,
(as individual)

After the interesting discussion about ECN for RTP in Stockholm we have
produced a new version of the draft. This version has added Ken Carlberg
and Piers O'Hanlon to the author team that also consist of Colin Perkins
and Ingemar Johansson.

The content has undergone substantial changes in regards to how ECN
information is reported in RTCP. We now have a clearer separation
between the information we believe is necessary for ECN to work in an
RTP context and the ECN Nonce behavior. We also gone to using different
report formats depending on if it is an immediate or early feedback
packet being sent in response to new ECN senders or received ECN-CE
marks or regular RTCP reports.

We have in the process also found a few issues that we are going to
continue work on that isn't resolved in this version. But we like you to
know that we are developing this. We also think it is time to return to
the topic of taking this on as an AVT work item with transport area
review and input.

So please review the draft and provide feedback.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: I-D Action:draft-westerlund-avt-ecn-for-rtp-01.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 07:30:01 -0700 (PDT)
List-Id: Internet Draft Announcements only <i-d-announce.ietf.org>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) for RTP over UDP
	Author(s)       : M. Westerlund, et al.
	Filename        : draft-westerlund-avt-ecn-for-rtp-01.txt
	Pages           : 46
	Date            : 2009-10-02

This document specifies how explicit congestion notification (ECN)
can be used with RTP/UDP flows that use RTCP as feedback mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-westerlund-avt-ecn-for-rtp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt