Subject: [AVT] RFC 5691 on RTP Payload Format for Elementary Streams with MPEG Surround Multi-Channel Audio

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 09:33:03 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5691

        Title:      RTP Payload Format for Elementary 
                    Streams with MPEG Surround Multi-Channel Audio 
        Author:     F. de Bont, S. Doehla,
                    M. Schmidt, R. Sperschneider
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 26189
        Updates:    RFC3640

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mps-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5691.txt

This memo describes extensions for the RTP payload format defined in
RFC 3640 for the transport of MPEG Surround multi-channel audio.
Additional Media Type parameters are defined to signal backwards-
compatible transmission inside an MPEG-4 Audio elementary stream.  In
addition, a layered transmission scheme that doesn't use the MPEG-4
systems framework is presented to transport an MPEG Surround
elementary stream via RTP in parallel with an RTP stream containing
the downmixed audio data.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute