Subject: [AVT] RFC 5686 on RTP Payload Format for mU-law EMbedded Codec for Low-delay IP Communication (UEMCLIP) Speech Codec

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 09:24:27 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5686

        Title:      RTP Payload Format for mU-law 
                    EMbedded Codec for Low-delay IP Communication 
                    (UEMCLIP) Speech Codec 
        Author:     Y. Hiwasaki, H. Ohmuro
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 44924
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtp-uemclip-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5686.txt

This document describes the RTP payload format of a mU-law EMbedded
Coder for Low-delay IP communication (UEMCLIP), an enhanced speech
codec of ITU-T G.711.  The bitstream has a scalable structure with an
embedded u-law bitstream, also known as PCMU, thus providing a handy
transcoding operation between narrowband and wideband speech. 
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute