Subject: [AVTCORE] CfP: ACHI 2012 || January 30 - February 4, 2012 - Valencia, Spain

From: Alejandro Canovas<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 23:37:04 +0200

INVITATION:

=================
Please consider to contribute to and/or forward to the appropriate
groups the following opportunity to submit and publish original
scientific results to ACHI 2012.
The submission deadline is set to September 5, 2011.
In addition, authors of selected papers will be invited to submit
extended article versions to one of the IARIA Journals:
http://www.iariajournals.org
=================

============== ACHI 2012 | Call for Papers ===============

CALL FOR PAPERS, TUTORIALS, PANELS

ACHI 2012: The Fifth International Conference on Advances in
Computer-Human Interactions

January 30 - February 4, 2012 - Valencia, Spain

General page: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2012/ACHI12.html

Call for Papers: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2012/CfPACHI12.html

- regular papers
- short papers (work in progress)
- posters
-ideas

Submission page: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2011/SubmitACHI12.html

Submission deadline: September 5, 2011

Sponsored by IARIA, www.iaria.org

Extended versions of selected papers will be published in IARIA
Journals: http://www.iariajournals.org

Please note the Poster Forum and Work in Progress options.

The topics suggested by the conference can be discussed in term of
concepts, state of the art, research, standards, implementations,
running experiments, applications, and industrial case studies. Authors
are invited to submit complete unpublished papers, which are not under
review in any other conference or journal in the following, but not
limited to, topic areas.

All tracks are open to both research and industry contributions, in
terms of Regular papers, Posters, Work in progress,
Technical/marketing/business presentations, Demos, Tutorials, and Panels.

Before submission, please check and conform with the Editorial rules:
http://www.iaria.org/editorialrules.html

ACHI 2012 Topics (topics and submission details: see CfP on the site)

INTER: Interfaces
Graphical user interfaces; Intelligent user interfaces; Adaptive user
interfaces; Multi-modal user interfaces; Context-based interfaces;
Virtual reality and 3D interfaces; Speech and natural language
interfaces; Interfaces for collaborative systems; Interfaces for
restricted environments; Internationalization and reflections of culture
on interface design; Interfaces for disadvantaged users; Interface
specification and design; Interface prototyping; Interface testing;
Interface evaluation; Interface generators and other tools for
developing interfaces; Data visualization; Visualization techniques;
Interactive visualization

OUI: Organic user interfaces
Interface-oriented materials and devices; Physical and digital
representation; Sensing and display technologies; Rollable and foldable
displays with tactile properties; Skin-based input; Analog input
interaction design; Flexible display technologies; Functional-based
display forms; Flexible-computing and curve computer interactions; 3D
continuous display interfaces

HAPTIC: Haptic interfaces
Fundamental of haptic interactions; Tangible user interfaces;
Bidirectional information flow ; Haptography; Haptic feedback and
control; Bodyware (embedded sensors; flexible structures, associative
memories, actuation and power systems); Magnetic levitation haptic
interfaces; Kinetic motion-based interaction; Kinetic motion and haptic
design; Mindware (learning, adaptation, head-hand coordination, bimanual
coordination; discovering affordance, interaction and imitation);
Language of motion / Gesture annotation; Interfaces with kinetic
properties; Sensor actuator design, development and evaluation; Linear
haptic display; Fingertip haptic display; Pen based force display; High
bandwidth force display; Quality of experience model for haptic
interactions; Haptics rendering;

SYSTEMS: Interactive systems
Highly interactive systems; Intelligent agents and systems; Adaptive
systems; Context-aware systems; Multi-user multi-interface systems;
Collaborative systems; Computer-supported cooperative work; Distributed
information spaces; Communicators and advisory systems; Interaction
through wireless communication networks

DEVICES: Interaction devices
General input and output devices; Virtual reality input and output
devices; Interaction devices for immersive environments; Shareable
devices and services; Mobile devices and services; Pervasive devices and
services; Small displays; Very large displays; Tangible user interfaces;
Wearable computing; Interaction devices for disadvantaged users;
Interaction devices for computer games

DESIGN & EVAL: Interaction & interface design & evaluation
Interface metaphors; Interaction styles; Interaction paradigms;
Requirements specification methods and tools; Analysis methods and
tools; Design methods and tools; Evaluation paradigms; Evaluation
methods and tools; Evaluation frameworks; Scenarios; Task analysis;
Conceptual design; Physical design; Information architecture;
Information design for websites; Guidelines and heuristics; Experience
design; Environmental design; Ethnography; Contextual design; Service
design;

MODELS: Principles, theories, and models
Cognitive models; Conceptual models; Mental models; Frameworks for
cognition; Model-based design of interactive systems; Formal methods in
human-computer interaction

USER: User modeling and user focus
Usability and user experience goals; User testing; User modeling; User
profiling; Predictive models (e.g., for user delay prediction); Human
perceptible thresholds; User support systems; Psychological foundations
for designing interactive system; Human information processing; Digital
human modeling; Engineering psychology; Ergonomics; Hearing and haptics;
Affective computing

PARADIGMS: Traditional and emerging paradigms
Interaction paradigms; Mobile computing; Wearable computing;
Location-aware computing; Context-aware computing; Ubiquitous computing;
Pervasive computing; Transparent computing; Attentive environments;
Virtual reality; Augmented reality and tangible bits; Immersive
environments; Human-based computation; Visual languages and
environments; End-user programming; Hypermedia advances and
applications; New visions of human-computer interaction

ACCESS: Usability and universal accessibility
Interaction and interface design for people with disabilities;
Interaction and interface design for the young and the elderly;
Universal access and usability; Usability engineering; Usability testing
and evaluation; Usability and internationalization

HUM-ROBOTS: Human-robot interaction
Fundamentals of human-robot cooperation; Cognitive models of human-robot
interaction; Adaptable autonomy and knowledge exchange; Autonomy and
trust; Awareness and monitoring of humans; Task allocation and
coordination; Human guided robot learning; User evaluations of robot
performance; Metrics for human-robot interaction; Long-term interaction
robotics; Health and personal care robotics; Social Robotics;
Multi-modal human-robot communication; Robot intermediaries; Experiments
and applications

HUM- AGENTS: Agents and human interaction
Principles of agent-to-human interaction; Models for human-agent
interaction; Social persuasion in human-agent interaction; Designing for
human-agent interaction; Socially intelligent agents and the human in
the loop; Agents for human-human interaction; Agent-based
human-computer-interaction; Human cooperation and agent-based
interaction; Human interaction with autonomous agents Agent-based
human-robot interaction; Human and artificial agents emotional interaction

SOCIAL: Social aspects of human-computer interaction
Societal implications of human-computer interactions; Social computing
and software Online communities Weblogs and other community building
tools Online support for discovery and creativity; Tool support for
discovery and innovation Expressive and attentive interfaces and
environments Affective aspects of human-computer interaction Emotional
design

GAMES: Computer games and gaming
Computer game technology; Computer game engineering; Foundations of
computer game design and development; Development processes and
supporting tools; Management aspects of computer game development;
Architectures and frameworks for computer games; Game-based training and
simulation; Serious games; Multi-user games; Online games; Online
gaming; Game theories; Audio, video and text in digital games; New
computer games and case studies; Performance improvements in computer
games; Social impact of games and gaming

EDUCATION: Human-computer interaction in education and training
Interactive systems for education and training; Online and
communications support for education and training; Interfaces,
interactions and systems for distance education; Software tools for
courseware development and delivery; Collaborative systems for teaching,
studying and learning; Handheld mobile devices for education and
training; Advisory and recommendation systems Techniques and tools for
information localization, retrieval & storage; Web annotation systems;
Case studies and applications

MED APPS: Applications in medicine
Interactive systems for medical applications; Interactive systems for
telemedicine; Interactive systems for telehealth; Interactive systems
for telepathology; Interactive systems for telecardiology; Interactive
systems for telesurgery; Interactive personal medical devices; Digital
imagery and visualization frameworks; Role of colors and color imaging
in medicine; Multidimensional projections with application to medicine;
Data mining and image retrieval techniques for medical applications;
Imaging interfaces and navigation; Internet imaging localization,
retrieval and archiving; Video techniques for medical images; Internet
support for remote medicine; Computer-controlled communications for
medical applications; Medical informatics; Software and devices for
patient monitoring; Interactive software for therapy and recovery

TELECONF: Teleconferencing
Fundamentals for teleconferencing; Platforms for teleconferencing;
Devices for teleconferencing; Videoconferencing, Web Conferencing;
Performance in teleconference applications; Real-time aspects in
teleconferencing; Privacy and security in teleconference applications;
QoS/SLA for teleconferencing applications; Teleconferencing services;
Business models for teleconferencing

APPLICATIONS: Other domain applications
Interactive interfaces and systems for scientific applications;
Interactive interfaces and systems for engineering applications;
Interactive interfaces and systems for business applications;
Interactive interfaces and systems for activities in arts & humanities;
Interactive interfaces and systems for scientific research; Other
applications of interactive interfaces and systems

Committee:
http://www.iaria.org/conferences2012/ComACHI12.html
====================