Subject: [AVTCORE] RFC 6354 on Forward-Shifted RTP Redundancy Payload Support

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 14:50:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6354

        Title:      Forward-Shifted RTP Redundancy Payload Support 
        Author:     Q. Xie
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 26488
        Updates:    RFC2198, RFC4102

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-forward-shifted-red-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6354.txt

This document defines a simple enhancement to support RTP sessions
with forward-shifted redundant encodings, i.e., redundant data sent
before the corresponding primary data.  Forward-shifted redundancy
can be used to conceal losses of a large number of consecutive media
frames (e.g., consecutive loss of seconds or even tens of seconds of
media).  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC