Subject: [AVTCORE] comments on draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-04

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 01:55:52 +0300

Hi, 

I reviewed the draft and have some comments

1.       In section 6 you have the sentence "If the RTCP Packet Sender is an
SC (SPST=1) or an MSAS (SPST=2)" but above the value 2 is not defined for
this document. Do you expect systems that support this document to also
support the ETSI XR report from the MSAS?

2.       In section 6 when defining Packet Presented NTP timestamp it says
"This timestamp reflects the wall clock time at the moment the data
contained in the first octet  of the associated RTP packet is presented to
the user " I am not sure how to know this since the displayed information is
not the RTP information but the decoded information so it is not clear what
is the first byte. I think that maybe it will good to state in the
definition here and in the packet received that it is the first byte of the
first packet in the frame or the first byte in the rendered frame. I think
that in section 7 you have a better definition.

3.       About the SDP parameters in section 9 and 10. Are these negotiated
between the MCs and the MSAS or just announced by the MSAS.  It will be good
to clarify the usage

4.       I understand that you list the two SDP parameter but the SC need
one of them depending if it supports the ETSI version or this one. Based on
the previous question response it will be good to list the proposed SDP sent
from the MSAS.

5.        I am also not sure how the MSAS will know if to send the RTCP
message or the RTCP-XR message. It is mentioned in section 11 what it should
do but not how the MSAS know which one to send.

6.       In section 13 it will be good to say that the security
consideration of RFC 3611 apply here also.

7.       The IANA section is not clear explain one by one what to do with
the four entities. As for the ETSI  ones (the RTCP-XR and SFP) do you want
to change them or have a reference to this document, if not they are not
needed as IANA consideration since there is no IANA action there. 

8.       You can remove section 16.

Roni Even as Individual

  _____