Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-ecn-for-rtp-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 01:50:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) for RTP over UDP
	Author(s)       : Magnus Westerlund
                          Ingemar Johansson
                          Colin Perkins
                          Piers O'Hanlon
                          Ken Carlberg
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-ecn-for-rtp-08.txt
	Pages           : 57
	Date            : 2012-05-14

   This memo specifies how Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) can be
   used with the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) running over UDP,
   using RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) as a feedback mechanism.  It
   defines a new RTCP Extended Report (XR) block for periodic ECN
   feedback, a new RTCP transport feedback message for timely reporting
   of congestion events, and a Session Traversal Utilities for NAT
   (STUN) extension used in the optional initialization method using
   Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE).  Signalling and
   procedures for negotiation of capabilities and initialization methods
   are also defined.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtcore-ecn-for-rtp-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtcore-ecn-for-rtp-08.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-ecn-for-rtp/

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 15:16:34 +0200

WG,

This version is intended to address the discuss and comments from IESG.

A Diff is available here:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtcore-ecn-for-rtp-08

The main technical change is for the ABNF for future extension of the
ecn-capable-rtp attribute which now allows escaping in the quoted list.

Cheers

Magnus

On 2012-05-14 10:50, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
> 
> 

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 13:20:48 -0500

There are also a number of editorial changes, and the removal of 2119 
keywords from the requirements section.
Please review the changes carefully.
All the discusses have cleared. I'll send in the approval notice 
Wednesday unless I hear from the list otherwise.

RjS