Subject: Re: [AVTCORE] New version (-01) of Leap Seconds draft

From: "Art Allison" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 08:55:39 -0400

While I see no error, perhaps expanding the declaration of the time of
the leap second by adding the following informative text will help make
the sequence clearer.

The sequence of the second markers near the leap second transition are:

                          Day 0,  23h 59m 59s

                          Day 0,  23h 59m 60s < leap second

                          Day 1,     0h  0m  0s

Art Allison 
Senior Director Advanced Engineering, Technology 
National Association of Broadcasters
1771 N Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
Phone  202 429 5418
Fax  202 775 4981 
www.nab.org <blocked::http://www.nab.org>  
Advocacy  Education  Innovation 

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Brandenburg, R. (Ray) van
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 3:51 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [AVTCORE] New version (-01) of Leap Seconds draft

Hi all,

I've just uploaded a new version of the Leap Seconds draft
(http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-gross-leap-second-01.txt).

The draft is meant as a small update to RFC3550 that improves RTP's
reliability in the vicinity of a leap second. Among others it includes
some requirements for RTP senders/receivers to have a functioning
communicating channel to receive leap second scheduling updates (which,
if not implemented, could mean a long-term discrepancy between sender
and receiver of 1 second) and other requirements dealing with the short
term effects of a leap second. 

In this -01 version of the draft we have included more references and
fixed a lot of typos. Thanks to Steve Allen for his contributions.

Best regards,

Ray

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at
http://www.tno.nl/emaildisclaimer