Subject: [AVTCORE] RFC 6642 on RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extension for a Third-Party Loss Report

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 15:49:42 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6642

        Title:      RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extension 
                    for a Third-Party Loss Report 
        Author:     Q. Wu, Ed.,
                    F. Xia,
                    R. Even
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 29758
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-17.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6642.txt

In a large RTP session using the RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) feedback
mechanism defined in RFC 4585, a feedback target may experience
transient overload if some event causes a large number of receivers
to send feedback at once.  This overload is usually avoided by
ensuring that feedback reports are forwarded to all receivers,
allowing them to avoid sending duplicate feedback reports.  However,
there are cases where it is not recommended to forward feedback
reports, and this may allow feedback implosion.  This memo discusses
these cases and defines a new RTCP Third-Party Loss Report that can
be used to inform receivers that the feedback target is aware of some
loss event, allowing them to suppress feedback.  Associated Session
Description Protocol (SDP) signaling is also defined.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Xiayangsong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 05:38:21 +0000

Thanks to Qin for his hardworking.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:50 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [AVTCORE] RFC 6642 on RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extension for a Third-Party Loss Report

        RFC 6642

The RFC Editor Team

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt