Subject: [AVTCORE] New version of IDMS draft

From: "Stokking, H.M. (Hans)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 09:55:08 +0000

Hi All,

Ray has uploaded a new version of the IDMS draft.

The most important changes can be found in Section 11, which clarifies the use of the SDP parameters and gives some recommendations on implementations supporting both the ETSI and the IETF solution.

On behalf of Ray,

Hans

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: woensdag 13 juni 2012 15:20
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-05.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTCP for inter-destination media synchronization
	Author(s)       : Ray van Brandenburg
                          Hans Stokking
                          Fernando Boronat
                          Mario Montagud
                          Kevin Gross
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-05.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2012-06-13

Abstract:
   This document gives information on an RTCP Packet Type and RTCP XR
   Block Type including associated SDP parameters for Inter-Destination
   Media Synchronization (IDMS).  The RTCP XR Block Type, registered
   with IANA based on an ETSI specification, is used to collect media
   play-out information from participants in a group playing-out
   (watching, listening, etc.) a specific RTP media stream.  The RTCP
   packet type specified by this document is used to distribute a common
   target play-out point to which all the distributed receivers, sharing
   a media experience, can synchronize.

   Typical use cases in which IDMS is usefull are social TV, shared
   service control (i.e. applications where two or more geographically
   separated users are watching a media stream together), distance
   learning, networked video walls, networked loudspeakers, etc.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-idms

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-05

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt
This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at http://www.tno.nl/emaildisclaimer