Subject: [AVTCORE] going forward with draft-lennox-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 10:46:14 +0300

Hi,

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lennox-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream-02 was
presented at the Orlando meeting. 

The draft addresses the issue with supporting multiple sources in an RTP
session since current solution will usually support only one source per RTP
session. The draft re-visits RFC 3550 to clarify behavior for multi-source
endpoints and suggests that there may be a need to update RFC 3550 to change
some RTCP timing rules.  It proposes recommendations on optimizations for
reception reports. 

There was a consensus to have this document as a WG document. It will
incorporate some text from draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-media-rtp-session-02
about RTCP size and timing.

Currently we will have the current content but we may look at dividing it to
three draft.

The AVTcore chairs are asking  the authors of
draft-lennox-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream to submit it as a WG document and
start working also on updating draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-media-rtp-session-02
accordingly to discuss the multiple payload types in one RTP session. 

The author list of both draft is very similar so it should work.

Thanks

Roni Even

AVTcore co-chair