Subject: [AVTCORE] Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtcore-avp-codecs-02.txt> (Update to Recommended Codecs for the RTP Profile for Audio and Video Conferences with Minimal Control (RTP/AVP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 13:52:59 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Core
Maintenance WG (avtcore) to consider the following document:
- 'Update to Recommended Codecs for the RTP Profile for Audio and Video
   Conferences with Minimal Control (RTP/AVP)'
  <draft-ietf-avtcore-avp-codecs-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-06-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The RTP Profile for Audio and Video Conferences with Minimal Control
   (RTP/AVP) is the basis for many other profiles, such as the Secure
   Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP/SAVP), the Extended RTP Profile for
   Real-time Transport Control Protocol (RTCP)-Based Feedback (RTP/
   AVPF), and the Extended Secure RTP Profile for RTCP-Based Feedback
   (RTP/SAVPF).  This document updates the RTP/AVP profile (and by
   extension, the profiles that build upon it) to reflect changes in
   audio codec usage since the document was originally published.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-avp-codecs/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-avp-codecs/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.