Subject: [AVTCORE] RFC 7201 on Options for Securing RTP Sessions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 21:58:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7201

        Title:      Options for Securing RTP Sessions 
        Author:     M. Westerlund, C. Perkins
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 92462
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-security-options-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7201.txt

The Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) is used in a large number of
different application domains and environments.  This heterogeneity
implies that different security mechanisms are needed to provide
services such as confidentiality, integrity, and source
authentication of RTP and RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) packets
suitable for the various environments.  The range of solutions makes
it difficult for RTP-based application developers to pick the most
suitable mechanism.  This document provides an overview of a number
of security solutions for RTP and gives guidance for developers on
how to choose the appropriate security mechanism.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC