Subject: [avtext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-grouping-taxonomy-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 00:50:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : A Taxonomy of Grouping Semantics and Mechanisms for Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Sources
        Authors         : Jonathan Lennox
                          Kevin Gross
                          Suhas Nandakumar
                          Gonzalo Salgueiro
                          Bo Burman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-grouping-taxonomy-04.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2015-01-16

Abstract:
   The terminology about, and associations among, Real-Time Transport
   Protocol (RTP) sources can be complex and somewhat opaque.  This
   document describes a number of existing and proposed relationships
   among RTP sources, and attempts to define common terminology for
   discussing protocol entities and their relationships.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-grouping-taxonomy/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-grouping-taxonomy-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-grouping-taxonomy-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Bo Burman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 08:58:58 +0000

This update should address all comments received so far during the WGLC.

Update notes between -03 and -04 (copied from the document, for your convenience):

   o  Changed "Media Redundancy" and "Media Repair" to "RTP-based
      Redundancy" and "RTP-based Repair", since those terms are more
      specific and correct.

   o  Changed "End Point" to "Endpoint" and removed Editor's Note on
      this.

   o  Clarified that a Media Capture may impose constraints on clock
      handling.

   o  Clarified that mixing multiple Raw Streams into a Source Stream is
      not possible, since that requires mixed streams to have a timing
      relation, requiring them to be Source Streams, and added an
      example.

   o  Clarified that RTP-based Redundancy excludes the type of encoding
      redundancy found within the encoded media format in an Encoded
      Stream.

   o  Clarified that a Media Transport contains only a single RTP
      Session, but a single RTP Session can span multiple Media
      Transports.

   o  Clarified that packets with seemingly correct checksum that are
      received by a Media Transport Receiver may still be corrupt.

   o  Clarified that a corrupt packet in a Media Transport Receiver is
      typically either discarded or somehow marked and passed on in the
      Received RTP Stream.

   o  Added Synchronization Context to Figure 6.

   o  Editorial improvements and clarifications.

Cheers
/Bo

> -----Original Message-----
> From: avtext [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: den 16 januari 2015 09:50
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [avtext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-grouping-taxonomy-04.txt
> 
> 
> Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are
> available at tools.ietf.org.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> avtext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avtext

---

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 13:59:06 +0000

(As WG chair)

I have received no notification that we have any further comments to come from the WGLC.

I would also all commenters (and others) to review to ensure the changes are appropriate. 

Commenters please confirm your comments have been addressed.

Keith

> From: avtext [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bo Burman
> Sent: 16 January 2015 08:59
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [avtext] I-D Action: 
> draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-grouping-taxonomy-04.txt
> 
> > Subject: [avtext] I-D Action: 
> > draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-grouping-taxonomy-04.txt
> > 
> > 
> >         Title           : A Taxonomy of Grouping Semantics 
> and Mechanisms for Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Sources
> > Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
> > submission until the htmlized version and diff are

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 16:20:16 +0000

Keith,

I’ve reviewed this version. The changes look good to me.
Colin

-- 
Colin Perkins
https://csperkins.org/

---

From: Stephan Wenger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 05:11:22 +0000

I¹m happy with the current version.
Stephan