Subject: [avtext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtext-avpf-ccm-layered-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 18:09:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Extensions of the IETF.

        Title           : Using Codec Control Messages in the RTP Audio-Visual Profile with Feedback with Layered Codecs
        Authors         : Stephan Wenger
                          Jonathan Lennox
                          Bo Burman
                          Magnus Westerlund
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtext-avpf-ccm-layered-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2016-09-22

Abstract:
   This document updates RFC5104 by fixing a shortcoming in the
   specification language of the Codec Control Message Full Intra
   Request (FIR) as defined in RFC5104 when using it with layered
   codecs.  In particular, a Decoder Refresh Point needs to be sent by a
   media sender when a FIR is received on any layer of the layered
   bitstream, regardless on whether those layers are being sent in a
   single or in multiple RTP flows.  The other payload-specific feedback
   messages defined in RFC 5104 and RFC 4585 as updated by RFC 5506 have
   also been analyzed, and no corresponding shortcomings have been
   found.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-avpf-ccm-layered/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtext-avpf-ccm-layered-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtext-avpf-ccm-layered-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/