Subject: [babel] MAC: rate limit challenge replies

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 01:51:29 +0200

Since we are limiting challenge requests, it makes no harm to limit
challenge replies, and it increases our resistence to DoS.  I've added the
following text to the MAC draft:

   Since a challenge reply might be caused by a replayed challenge
   request, a node MUST impose a rate limitation to the challenge
   replies it sends; the limit SHOULD default to one challenge reply for
   each peer every 300ms and MAY be configurable.

I hope nobody objects.

-- Juliusz

---

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 18:10:51 -0700

Sounds like a good idea to me.

David

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 4:51 PM Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> babel mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/babel
>