Subject: [babel] Cancelling the Vancouver BABEL WG meeting

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 00:26:22 -0400

Hi,

Thus far there have been no requests to present to the Babel WG
meeting at the Vancouver IETF meeting. Also, I will be unable to
attend due to my employer adopting a policy prohibiting travel due to
the COVID-19 virus. Many other companies are also adopting restrictive
measures that will stop their employees from attending the Vancouver.
So, at this point, cancelling the meeting seems best. Likely we will
look into arranging a virtual meeting in April or May. If there is
some reason you think we have to meet in Vancouver, please speak up
immediately.

Thanks,
Donald
===============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 2386 Panoramic Circle, Apopka, FL 32703 USA
 [email-masked]

---

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 15:50:49 +0100

> some reason you think we have to meet in Vancouver, please speak up

I think that's the reasonable thing.  We're all concentrating on getting
the currently reviewed documents out, until that happens, there's little
energy left to start new work.

-- Juliusz

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 21:53:04 -0400

This has been somewhat overtaken by events as the Vancouver IETF
meeting has been cancelled:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/XenAlx4Nw6Jmg69QpXRUOwbzsXY/

So the the Babel WG meeting in Vancouver is cancelled. We should look
towards an interim teleconferencing meeting, perhaps in April. Such a
meeting would require at least two weeks notice.

Thanks,
Donald

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 00:45:10 -0400

Hi,

Due to the cancelation of the Vancouver IETF face-to-face meeting,
default slots were scheduled for virtual meetings in April. Since
Babel had been scheduled for fairly early in the IETF meeting week,
there was a default slot for Babel in early April - but nothing will
happen unless we take action to schedule a meeting.

My thought is that May is a more realistic target.

Thanks,
Donald