Subject: Re: [babel] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-babel-source-specific-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 16:29:15 +0200

Thanks for your comments.

> — Section 5.2 —
> Please expand “AE” on first use.

Done.

>    A node MUST NOT send
>    a wildcard retraction with an attached source prefix, and a node that
>    receives a wildcard retraction with a source prefix MUST ignore it.

> The “it” here is ambiguous: please specify “MUST ignore the source prefix” or
> “MUST ignore the retraction”.  The same comment applies also to the subsequent
> paragraph.

Done.

> — Section 6.1 —
> For what it’s worth, I don’t find the diagram to add anything to the text, and
> I wouldn’t have a clue what the diagram was trying to say without the text.

The whole section has been rewritten and moved to the introduction.

>    Packets
>    destined to D but not sourced in S will be forwarded by A to B, and
>    by B to A, causing a persistent routing loop

> That text is describing not what will happen with this standard, but what
> *would* happen if this standard didn’t correct for it.  So please change “will
> be forwarded” to”would be forwarded”,

Done.  This is now Section 1.3.

Thanks,

-- Juliusz

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 10:30:48 -0400

Thanks, Juliusz... I appreciate the response, and thanks for addressing my
comments.

Barry