Subject: [babel] Protocol Action: 'Source-Specific Routing in Babel' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-babel-source-specific-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 07:00:09 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Source-Specific Routing in Babel'
  (draft-ietf-babel-source-specific-08.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Babel routing protocol Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, John Scudder and Martin Vigoureux.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-babel-source-specific/

Technical Summary

Source-specific routing (also known as Source-Address Dependent
Routing, SADR) is an extension to traditional next-hop routing where
packets are forwarded according to both their destination and their
source address.  This document describes an extension for source-
specific routing to the Babel routing protocol.

Working Group Summary

Discussion of the draft during WG Last Call extended to one aspect of
the rfc6126bis draft but WG consensus supported both this draft and
not changing rfc6126bis.

Document Quality

The quality of the document is good. There are two known
implementations: babeld in the currently unreleased 1.9 branch and
Toke Høiland-Jørgensen's code in BIRD.

Personnel

     Document Shepherd: Donald Eastlake
     Responsible Area Director: Martin Vigoureux