Subject: [babel] I-D Action: draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 09:06:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Babel routing protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv4 routes with an IPv6 next-hop in the Babel routing protocol
        Author          : Juliusz Chroboczek
	Filename        : draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2021-04-21

Abstract:
   This document defines an extension to the Babel routing protocol that
   allows annoncing routes to an IPv4 prefix with an IPv6 next-hop,
   which makes it possible for IPv4 traffic to flow through interfaces
   that have not been assigned an IPv4 address.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 19:13:59 +0200

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-03.txt

I've essentially just added mention of the IPv4 dummy address without
citing RFC 7600, which, as Donald noted, is not relevant to this document
(except insofar it registers the dummy address).  I've also moved some
sections, and did some rewriting to Section 4 (previously 5).

I'm not happy with Section 4, but I don't see off the top of my head how
to rewrite it.

-- Juliusz

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 16:02:12 -0400

Hi,

I don't think there are any current open questions on this draft so I
am beginning a WG Last call through Cinco de Mayo.

Thanks,
Donald
===============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 2386 Panoramic Circle, Apopka, FL 32703 USA
 [email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 12:07 PM
Subject: [babel] I-D Action: draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-03.txt
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>

        Title           : IPv4 routes with an IPv6 next-hop in the
Babel routing protocol
        Author          : Juliusz Chroboczek
        Filename        : draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-03.txt
        Pages           : 9
        Date            : 2021-04-21

Abstract:

---

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 13:49:15 -0700

I have read the latest revisions of this document,
and I believe it is ready for publication.

Thanks,
David

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 1:02 PM Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> babel mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/babel
>

---

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 15:07:04 +0200

>         Title           : IPv4 routes with an IPv6 next-hop in the Babel routing protocol

Donald, do you think we could get AE 4 allocated?  It would be great if we
could start deploying with the final AE number.

Thanks,

-- Juliusz

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 10:26:53 -0400

Hi Juliusz,

> could start deploying with the final AE number.

Seems like we should since it is Specification Required and we have a
stable draft. I'll work on this.

Thanks,
Donald