Subject: [babel] Babel draft minutes, meeting materials

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 17:38:51 -0400

Hi,

Draft minutes for the Babel WG meeting and other meeting materials are
linked off the web page at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/111/session/babel

Thanks to Barbara Stark for taking minutes.

A video of the session is available at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM1McPr4oK8

Thanks,
Donald
===============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 2386 Panoramic Circle, Apopka, FL 32703 USA
 [email-masked]

---

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2021 23:56:22 +0200

> Draft minutes for the Babel WG meeting and other meeting materials are linked
> off the web page at https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/111/session/babel
> 

Thanks indeed.

Minor correction -- I did not suggest that the DS should use TRILL,
I tried to imply that the DS suffers from the same issue as Perlman
outlined about TRILL: it's trying to do routing at layer 2, which causes
a lot of extra complexity.  My take is that it should be possible to do
the DS at layer 3, similarly to what the LTE core network does.

I never said

  TRILL does beatiful routing. Why not use it?

I said something like

  Why not do the routing at layer 3, where it belongs?

Other than that minor issue, thanks for the minutes.

-- Juliusz

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 11:22:41 -0400

Hi Juliusz,

I have endeavored to improve the minutes based on your comments, adding a
link to the video, etc. If you think any further changes are needed, I
suggest you provide text.

Thanks,
Donald

---

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2021 17:58:00 +0200

> I have endeavored to improve the minutes based on your comments,

Perfect, thanks.