Subject: [BEEPwg] Ruby BEEP core (beepcore-ruby) project now underway

From: Dan Moniz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 02:47:43 -0700

Hi all,

Despite being officially formed in Summer 2001, and after numerous false 
starts, the project to implement the BEEP core (RFC 3080 and RFC 3081) in 
the Ruby programming language ("Ruby BEEP Core", or colloquially 
"beepcore-ruby") is now underway. We're going after the same goal as both 
the Java, Tcl, and C implementations -- a full, useable core in 100% Ruby.

It's still early days yet, and we're just now discussing the overall 
design, direction, and shape the project and the code is going to take, so 
now is a great time to get involved.

Interested parties should check out <http://beepcore-ruby.sf.net/> and 
<http://sf.net/projects/beepcore-ruby> for more information, and to sign up 
on the project mailing lists.

Cheers!

-- 
Dan Moniz <[email-masked]> [http://www.pobox.com/~dnm/]

_______________________________________________
BEEPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.beepcore.org/mailman/listinfo/beepwg