Subject: [BEEPwg] <profile> contained within <greeting>

From: Lei Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:52:32 -0800

Hi,

A simple question that I cannot find answer from RFC 3080: should a 
<greeting> message contain _all_ profiles the BEEP peer supports, or 
should it contain only those profiles that it is willing to act as 
listener?  What's the intended use for those profile elements in a 
<greeting> message?

Thanks..

_______________________________________________
BEEPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.beepcore.org/mailman/listinfo/beepwg

---

From: Marshall Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:43:49 -0800

> listener?  What's the intended use for those profile elements in a 

the greeting "advertises profiles that it supports". the specification
does not define what "supports" means. some might say that was on
purpose...
    
/mtr