Subject: [BEEPwg] Beepcore for .NET / C#

From: Walt Stoneburner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:50:38 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, I've been to the Beep-Tookits page looking for a C# or .NET 
implementation.

Normally I wouldn't bother the list, but I didn't see anything in the FAQ, 
and a query on Google gets a polluted result list returning domains with a 
".net" suffix talking about beep in general.

I'm working on making two applications, one written in Java, the other in 
C#, talk to teach other.

Normally I'd fall back on the ActiveX solution, but we've been instructed 
to stay away from anything ActiveX.  (My guess is that the C# may be moved 
to MONO someday.)

Since there is a strange and uncanny similarity between Java and C#, has 
anyone undertaken the effort to port the Java version over to pure C# (even 
unofficially)?

Thanks kindly,
-Walt Stoneburner

_______________________________________________
BEEPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://drakken.dbc.mtview.ca.us/mailman/listinfo/beepwg

---

From: Griffin Caprio <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:21:35 -0500

Hi Walt,

I am actually doing just that.  It's not read for prime time yet, however.
I've been very busy as of late.  However, I do still plan to release it via
sf or something in the near future.

- Griffin