Subject: [BEHAVE] BCP 127 RFC 4787 on Network Address Translation (NAT) Behavioral Requirements for Unicast UDP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 18:17:44 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 127        
        RFC 4787

        Title:      Network Address Translation (NAT) Behavioral 
                    Requirements for Unicast UDP 
        Author:     F. Audet, Ed.,
                    C. Jennings
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       January 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 68693
        Updates:    
        See-Also:   BCP0127

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-behave-nat-udp-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4787.txt

This document defines basic terminology for describing different
types of Network Address Translation (NAT) behavior when handling
Unicast UDP and also defines a set of requirements that would allow
many applications, such as multimedia communications or online
gaming, to work consistently.  Developing NATs that meet this set of
requirements will greatly increase the likelihood that these
applications will function properly.  This document specifies an Internet 
Best Current Practices for the Internet Community, and requests 
discussion and suggestions for improvements.

This document is a product of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance 
Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

BEST CURRENT PRACTICE:
This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave