Subject: [BEHAVE] STUN: switching credential from long term to short term

From: Benny Prijono <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:09:57 +0000

All,

we know that the presence of REALM attribute in the STUN message 
indicates the signal to use long term credential.

Now, what should the server do when it receives STUN request with 
REALM attribute on it, but the server wants to use short term 
credential instead?

At best now, server can reject with 435 (Unknown Username), but with 
this client can mistakenly think that its long term credential is 
rejected.

One way to support this is for the server to send 401 (Unauthorized) 
error code without REALM attribute. A wording change would be needed 
in both server and client processing to support this, but at least 
on the client side, this change should be backward compatible with 
the old behavior (clients which comply to bis-05 will not retry the 
request, while clients which comply to this would retry the request 
as wanted).

cheers,
  -benny

-- 
Benny Prijono
http://www.pjsip.org

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave