Subject: [BEHAVE] Successful Responses in TURN

From: Evgeniy Khramtsov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 17:34:06 +1000

Looks like some TURN responses are not documented in the I-D, or, 
perhaps, I'm misreading something :)
However, I have 3 questions:

1. What should the server reply to the successful Set Active Destination 
request?
2. What should the server reply to the successful Allocate request with 
the LIFETIME attribute set to 0 (aka 'destroying an allocation' request)?
3. What should the server reply to the successful Connect request?

Formally, if the response is not documented in the spec, the server 
should not generate the response. Is it really true?

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave

---

From: Rémi Denis-Courmont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 07:45:29 +0300

> the LIFETIME attribute set to 0 (aka 'destroying an allocation' request)?

Since this is not explicitly specified, my understanding is that it sends a 
normal successful Allocate response with 0 as lifetime.

> should not generate the response. Is it really true?

No. Considering the "base" STUN specification, a Request always gets either a 
Response or an Error Response as an answer. Also note that it is now official 
that OR'ing with 0x100 resp. 0x110 makes a Response resp. Error Response code 
out of a Request code.

-- 
Rémi Denis-Courmont

---

From: Evgeniy Khramtsov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 21:52:06 +1000

>normal successful Allocate response with 0 as lifetime.
And what should the server set as a 'RELAY-ADDRESS'? Is it possible to 
omit this attribute in the deallocation responses since it doesn't 
matter in this case?

>Considering the "base" STUN specification, a Request always gets either a 
>Response or an Error Response as an answer. 
>
Could you point to the section of the STUN I-D where it is saying that 
Request _always_ (MUST?) gets a Response? I can't find it, really :)