Subject: [BEHAVE] Plan forward on TURN

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 23:01:35 -0500

It is really important that we make rapid progress on TURN. In 
particular, I do NOT want to have another IETF meeting where we even 
discuss the document, let alone go through a design change at the 
meeting like happened in Vancouver. To accomplish that, I'd like to 
propose the following path forward on TURN:

1. we complete discussion on the open issues I posted on by December 19

2. we schedule a call for on or around December 20. On that call, we 
summarize the agreements and if there weren't agreements, discuss what 
remains open and conclude it. I'll send information on that call 
shortly; anyone may attend of course.

3. revised TURN based on those changes comes out shortly after the new 
year (say, Jan 8).

4. At the very least, folks that have been active participants please 
read the document within the two weeks following release of the new 
draft, and come back with comments by Jan 22. Hopefully those are minor 
given they all should have more or less agreed by now.

5. Assuming minor comments, 1-2 weeks after that a revised TURN draft 
comes out, say Feb 5, which goes to a 2-week WGLC ending Feb 19. 
Assuming only trivial comments at that point, a revised draft is out Feb 
26, which goes to IESG.

This is very aggressive, but is needed if we want to have this document 
done before Philadelphia.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   499 Thornall St.
Cisco Fellow                                   Edison, NJ 08837
Cisco, Voice Technology Group
[email-masked]
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (408) 902-3084
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave