Subject: [BEHAVE] BCP0135, RFC 5135 on IP Multicast Requirements for a Network Address Translator (NAT) and a Network Address Port Translator (NAPT)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 15:33:31 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 135        
        RFC 5135

        Title:      IP Multicast Requirements for a 
                    Network Address Translator (NAT) and a 
                    Network Address Port Translator (NAPT) 
        Author:     D. Wing, T. Eckert
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       February 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 36528
        Updates:    
        See-Also:   BCP0135

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-behave-multicast-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5135.txt

This document specifies requirements for a for a Network Address
Translator (NAT) and a Network Address Port Translator (NAPT) that
support Any Source IP Multicast or Source-Specific IP Multicast.  An
IP multicast-capable NAT device that adheres to the requirements of
this document can optimize the operation of IP multicast applications
that are generally unaware of IP multicast NAT devices.  This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.

This document is a product of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance 
Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave