Subject: [BEHAVE] TURN 07: Some more comments

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:34:07 +0100

Hi,

Here is the final comments I have from my review.

1. Section 6.1:
    The client first needs to pick a host transport address that the
    server does not think is currently in use, or was recently in use.
    The client SHOULD pick a currently-unused transport address on the
    client's host (typically by allowing its OS to pick a currently-
    unused port for a new socket).

I found this section to be unclear and not discuss the issues. I guess 
the gist of this is that a host should not reuse a port that was used 
the last 2 minutes. The problem is reuse of the same port as earlier or 
getting the same server reflexive address as the previous allocation was 
done over.

2. Section 6.1:
"The transport protocol MUST be one of UDP,
    TCP, or TLS over TCP."

Can this be reformulated or extended to be clearer that the list can be 
extended in the future?

3. Section 10.7:
"If there is, then it SHOULD form and
    send a ChannelData message as described in Section 10.5."

I think the above sentence is in contradiction of the following sentence 
in section 10.5:
"The server, on the other hand, MUST
    use the ChannelData message if a channel has been bound to the peer."

4. Section 13.3 Bandwidth:

As pointed out this definition is still is an open issue. Either an 
average with defined averaging window or a token bucket.

5. Section 15:
In the third paragraph there is "TODO" item.

6. Section 16:
The registries needs to be explicitly named. For example:

"  The codepoints for the new STUN methods defined in this specification
    are listed in Section 12."

Would be better written as:

Register the 5 new STUN methods listed in Section 12 in the "STUN 
Methods" Registry.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave