Subject: [BEHAVE] [Fwd: draft-lowekamp-mmusic-ice-tcp-framework-00 draft submitted]

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 18:04:03 -0500

Because I know many of the parties interested in ICE TCP are somewhat 
more active on the BEHAVE list than they are on MMUSIC, I wanted to 
cross-post Bruce's announcement here.

Followups to MMUSIC.

/a

Subject: draft-lowekamp-mmusic-ice-tcp-framework-00 draft submitted
From: "Bruce Lowekamp" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "Adam Roach" <[email-masked]>, "Jonathan Rosenberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 18:06:34 -0400

Adam Roach and I have just submitted a draft proposing a way to move
ICE-TCP forward by expanding the techniques it uses to gather
candidates.  This draft came out of some ideas discussed on the list
prior to Dublin and a conversation with Jonathan in Dublin.

Please read and comment.  It's rough, but we hope progress can be made
improving ICE-TCP's success rate with direct connections.

Bruce

------------

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lowekamp-mmusic-ice-tcp-framework-00.txt

Title:    A Proposal to Define Interactive Connectivity Establishment
for the Transport Control Protocol (ICE-TCP) as an Extensible
Framework

Abstract:
The ICE-TCP mechanism is currently regarded as of limited usefulness
due to the low success rate of TCP simultaneous open for NAT
traversal.  This document presents a vision of the ICE-TCP document
as an extensible framework for negotiating a variety of approaches
for establishing a TCP connection between NATed hosts.  This document
further proposes significantly extending the current set of
collection mechanisms to encompass a wide variety of technologies
that are currently available, including UPnP, SOCKS, and Teredo.
Because several of these technologies are already widely deployed,
the direct connection rate should be significantly higher than using
straight TCP alone.  We envision that as future TCP connection
establishment techniques are developed, they too will specify an ICE
encoding that will allow their negotiation.
_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave