Subject: [BEHAVE] Protocol Action: 'NAT Behavioral Requirements for ICMP protocol' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 07:53:10 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'NAT Behavioral Requirements for ICMP protocol '
   <draft-ietf-behave-nat-icmp-12.txt> as a BCP

This document is the product of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance 
Avoidance Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Magnus Westerlund and Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-nat-icmp-12.txt

Technical Summary

This document specifies the behavioral properties required of the
Network Address Translator (NAT) devices in conjunction with the
ICMP protocol. The objective of this memo is to make NAT devices
more predictable and compatible with diverse application protocols
that traverse the devices. Companion documents provide behavioral
recommendations specific to TCP, UDP and other protocols.

Working Group Summary

There was consensus in the WG to publish this document. 

Document Quality

This is a BCP document, and describes current good practice in existing
NATs, and describes some improvements to current practice.

Personnel

Document shepherd: Dan Wing, [email-masked]
Responsible AD: Magnus Westerlund, [email-masked]

---

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 10:39:38 -0800

Thanks to everyone, especially Suresh, for seeing this one through!

-d

> -----Original Message-----
> From: The IESG [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 7:53 AM
> To: IETF-Announce
> Cc: Internet Architecture Board; RFC Editor; behave mailing 
> list; behave chair
> Subject: Protocol Action: 'NAT Behavioral Requirements for 
> ICMP protocol' to BCP 
>