Subject: [BEHAVE] I-D ACTION:draft-chen-behave-olnat-00.txt

From: Chen Gang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 14:45:57 +0800

Hello all,

We have posted a new draft about optimal load-balance for NAT64 based on
anycast mechanism.

Please kinldy to review it.
Any comment is welcome.

Thanks

-Gang

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

       Title        : A Optimal Load-balance mechanism for NAT64 (OL-NAT)
       Author(s) : G. Chen, H. Deng
       Filename : draft-chen-behave-olnat-00.txt
       Pages     : 12
       Date        : 2009-10-19

  In NAT64 scenaires,sigle-point failure is a critical issue to
  restrict large-scale deployment.  In order to overcome this hurdle,
  this memo has proposed a optimal load-balance mechanism for NAT64.
  Through the new-defined evaluation metrics, several extended ICMP
  messages combining with anycast are performed to achieve optimal
  NAT64 selection.  Meanwihle, the synchroniztion process of IP address
  mapping information is also designed to guarantee the service
  continuity.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chen-behave-olnat-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 09:58:23 -0700

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Chen Gang
> Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 11:46 PM
> To: Behave WG
> Subject: [BEHAVE] I-D ACTION:draft-chen-behave-olnat-00.txt
> 
> Hello all,
>  
> We have posted a new draft about optimal load-balance for 
> NAT64 based on anycast mechanism. 

If this is going to be applicable to stateful NATs, this requires 
all the NATs to share state (specifically, all the NATs that are
participating in this scheme on a single network).  Such state
sharing requires memory and a considerable amount of network
traffic to keep the state synchronized.

-d

---

From: Chen Gang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 14:40:12 +0800

2009/10/21 Dan Wing <[email-masked]>

> traffic to keep the state synchronized.

Thanks for your comments.
For memory issues and considerable sychronization traffic, we could shrink
mapping states by constructing a virtual group, which identified by a
specific anycast address and multicast address. Depending on that, only NATs
within the virtual group are required to share state. Meanwhile, the update
traffic could be also decreased. In addition, the update traffic could be
reduced by configuring a proper sychchronization interval.
I will revise the draft to clarify above considerations.

BRs

-Gang