Subject: [BEHAVE] Fw: New Version Notification for draft-shirasaki-nat444-00

From: "Ikuhei.Yamagata" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 05:33:14 +0900

Dear all,
We have submitted new draft, draft-shirasaki-nat444-00.
This is the draft removed informations about ip addresses from draft-shirasaki-nat444-isp-shared-addr-02.

Your feedback would be really welcome.

ikuhei

Forwarded by "Ikuhei.Yamagata" <[email-masked]>
----------------------- Original Message -----------------------

A new version of I-D, draft-shirasaki-nat444-00.txt has been successfuly submitted by Ikuhei Yamagata and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-shirasaki-nat444
Revision:	 00
Title:		 NAT444
Creation_date:	 2009-10-19
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 11

Abstract:
This document describes one of the network models that are designed
for smooth transition to IPv6.  It is called NAT444 model.  NAT444
model is composed of IPv6, and IPv4 with Large Scale NAT (LSN).

NAT444 is the only scheme not to require replacing Customer Premises
Equipment (CPE) even if IPv4 address exhausted.  But it must be noted
that NAT444 has serious restrictions i.e. it limits the number of
sessions per CPE so that rich applications such as AJAX and RSS feed
cannot work well.

Therefore, IPv6 which is free from such a difficulty has to be
introduced into the network at the same time.  In other words, NAT444
is just a tool to make IPv6 transition easy to be swallowed.  It is
designed for the days IPv4 and IPv6 co-existence.

The IETF Secretariat.

--------------------- Original Message Ends --------------------

----------------------------------------------
Ikuhei Yamagata
Innovative IP Architecture Center
NTT Communications Corporation
[email-masked]
phone:81-3-6733-8671(main)
            50-3812-4704(direct)
----------------------------------------------