Subject: [BEHAVE] translator generating packet too big ICMP errors

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:35:03 +0100

Hi,

After reading the stateless translation draft, i couldn't find that the 
translator should generate ICMP error packet too big messages, in case 
it needs to drop an IPv4 packet with teh DF flag set with larger MTU 
than the one available in the IPv6 side or when it receives an IPv6 
packet wihtout the fragment header that doesn't fit in the IPv4 MTU.

Did i miss that or it isn't there? If it isn't there, should we include it?

Regards, marcelo

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 07:57:53 -0400

> packet wihtout the fragment header that doesn't fit in the IPv4 MTU.

Did you read your own document? ;)

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-behave-v6v4-xlate-stateful-02#section-7.1

There is a reference to it from the stateless doc in section 1.4:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-behave-v6v4-xlate-03#section-1.4

Maybe I misinterpreted your question...

Simon
-- 
DNS64 open-source   --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server    --> http://numb.viagenie.ca
vCard 4.0           --> http://www.vcarddav.org

---

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 15:50:37 +0100

> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-behave-v6v4-xlate-stateful-02#section-7.1
I did read my own document, thanks for asking...

The point that i am trying to raise is that there is nothing specific to 
the stateful translation about generating packet too big packet at the 
translator when presented with a packet too big that cannot be 
fragmented. So, my point was whether this should be specified in the 
stateless document rather than in the stateful

Regards, marcelo