Subject: [BEHAVE] I-D Action:draft-ietf-behave-turn-tcp-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 12:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN) Extensions for TCP Allocations
	Author(s)       : S. Perreault, J. Rosenberg
	Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-turn-tcp-05.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2009-10-19

This specification defines an extension of Traversal Using Relays
around NAT (TURN), a relay protocol for NAT traversal, to allow a
TURN client to request TCP allocations, and defines new requests and
indications for the TURN server to open and accept TCP connections
with the client's peers.  TURN and this extension both purposefully
restrict the ways in which the relayed address can be used.  In
particular, it prevents users from running general purpose servers
from ports obtained from the TURN server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-turn-tcp-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:48:54 -0400

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-turn-tcp-05.txt

This new version addresses the comments received during WGLC. As far as I know,
all of them have been addressed. In particular:

- Clarification, wording, etc.
- Explicitly state the one outgoing connection per allocation maximum.
- Removed the unnecessary restriction on interpretation of tunnelled data.
- Explicitly allow TCP keep-alives between client and server.
- Allow servers to arbitrarily deny connections based on local policy.
- Added 30 seconds timeout for receiving ConnectionBind request.
- Added security consideration on buffer size and possibility of DoS.

See here for a full diff:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-behave-turn-tcp-05.txt

Simon
-- 
DNS64 open-source   --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server    --> http://numb.viagenie.ca
vCard 4.0           --> http://www.vcarddav.org