Subject: Re: [BEHAVE] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-behave-ftp64-09.txt

From: Linfeng Zheng <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 11:57:19 +0800

>A survey done in April of 2009 of 25 randomly picked and/or well-
   >known FTP sites reachable over IPv4 showed that only 12 of them
   >supported EPSV over IPv4.

if it possible to get a more recent one?

bests, Linfeng CCIE#8670

---

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 17:50:06 -0700

> if it possible to get a more recent one?

The previous test's output, and Perl module changes necessary to
do the test and the perl files to run the test, are at:
  ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/dwing/ftp-epsv/

Here are several sample sites that I checked just now.  The times 
indicate how long before a timeout or connection occured (mm:ss),

ftp.kodak.com             PASV: Ok   EPSV: Ok     00:02
ftp.microsoft.com         PASV: Ok   EPSV: Ok     00:00
ftp.novell.com            PASV: Ok   EPSV: Ok     00:01
rtfm.mit.edu              PASV: Ok   EPSV: Ok     00:01
ftp.freebsd.org           PASV: Ok   EPSV: Ok     00:00
ftp.fu-berlin.de          PASV: Ok   EPSV: Ok     00:03
ftp.internic.net          PASV: Ok   EPSV: Ok     00:01
ftp.arin.net              PASV: Ok   EPSV: Ok     00:02
ftp.oreilly.com           PASV: Ok   EPSV: Ok     00:01
ftp.mozilla.org           PASV: Ok   EPSV: Ok     00:00
ftp.dell.com              PASV: Ok   EPSV: Timeout   00:22
ftp.sun.com               PASV: Ok   EPSV: Timeout   00:23
ftp.nortel.com            PASV: Ok   EPSV: Timeout   00:22
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov          PASV: Ok   EPSV: Ok     00:01
ftp.rfc-editor.org        PASV: Ok   EPSV: Ok     00:01
ftp.cdc.gov               PASV: Ok   EPSV: 500 'EPSV': command not 
understood 00:01
ftp.hp.com                PASV: Ok   EPSV: 500 'EPSV': command not 
understood.  00:01
ftp.sony.com              PASV: Ok   EPSV: 500 'EPSV': command not 
understood.  00:02
www.3gpp.org              PASV: Ok   EPSV: 500 'EPSV': command not 
understood  00:03
ftp.estec.esa.nl          PASV: Ok   EPSV: 500 'EPSV': command not 
understood.  00:03
ftpeng.cisco.com          PASV: Ok   EPSV: 500 'EPSV': command not 
understood.  00:01

-d