Subject: [BEHAVE] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5389 (2972)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 10:45:59 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5389,
"Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5389&eid=2972

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Jack Bates <[email-masked]>

Section: 15.9

Original Text
-------------
       0                   1                   2                   3
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |      Attribute 1 Type           |     Attribute 2 Type        |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |      Attribute 3 Type           |     Attribute 4 Type    ...
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Corrected Text
--------------
       0                   1                   2                   3
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |       Attribute 1 Type        |       Attribute 2 Type        |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |       Attribute 3 Type        |       Attribute 4 Type    ...
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Notes
-----
Attribute 1 Type and Attribute 3 Type are 17-bits in original figure, Attribute 2 Type and Attribute 4 Type are 15-bits

This is a very cosmetic nit, since the meaning is perfectly clear (a list of 16-bit values)

In general however I find the decimal indices make all figures like this harder to read. I find hex indices an improvement:

<pre>
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |       Attribute 1 Type        |       Attribute 2 Type        |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |       Attribute 3 Type        |       Attribute 4 Type    ...
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
</pre>

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5389 (draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis-18)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN)
Publication Date    : October 2008
Author(s)           : J. Rosenberg, R. Mahy, P. Matthews, D. Wing
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG