Subject: Re: [BEHAVE] Last Call: <draft-ietf-behave-v4v6-bih-06.txt> (Dual Stack Hosts Using "Bump-in-the-Host" (BIH)) to Proposed Standard,

From: Linfeng Zheng <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 13:46:46 +0800

>On Sep 12, 2011 8:51 PM, "Satoru Matsushima" <satoru.matsushima at
gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The introduction in the draft says:
>>
>>
>> >   IETF recommends using dual-stack or tunneling based solutions for
>> >    IPv6 transition and specifically recommends against deployments
>> >    utilizing double protocol translation.  Use of BIH together with a
>> >    NAT64 is NOT RECOMMENDED [RFC6180].
>> >
>>
>>
>> This statement makes a strong obstacle when we develop stateless solution
with >translation in softwires wg.
>> I think that it is still remained a room to make decision whether
removing the >statement or remaining it.
>> The discussion which we'll have in the softwires interim meeting would be
helpful to >decide it.

>+1

>Nat464 has been shown to overcome real world issues, it solves a real
problem.

>Additionally the bih mapper should not have to require DNS so that ipv4
literals can be >overcome

>Cb
+ my 0.01

L.Z.